Playoff rankings

MWil23

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sure I believe you.

I guess you bet on the pre-season then?  How about this, if both teams are playing with everyone that would be playing if it was a CFB Playoff match, aka no healthy scratches due to sitting out due to the draft or entering the transfer portal, then if Georgia wins you can change my sig to whatever you want till next CFB season.

Just now, Raves said:

I guess you bet on the pre-season then?  How about this, if both teams are playing with everyone that would be playing if it was a CFB Playoff match, aka no healthy scratches due to sitting out due to the draft or entering the transfer portal, then if Georgia wins you can change my sig to whatever you want till next CFB season.

Deal, if we're going with the money line of UGA -13 and if you get my sig until next season.

7 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I hate Alabama, but Florida State missing the college football playoffs could indeed be a blessing in disguise. The exclusion signifies a shift towards valuing strength of schedule over mere win-loss records by the selection committee. This change might encourage powerhouse teams to prioritize challenging opponents during their non-conference schedules instead of opting for weaker opponents. Ultimately, this shift could lead to more exciting and competitive matchups for viewers, steering away from predictable outcomes and fostering a higher quality of football games.

Furthermore, expanding to an 8-team playoff format, including all 4 power conference champions (now that the PAC-12 is dead) and 4 at-large teams, would enhance the trend. If the committee maintains its emphasis on schedule strength, this shift would likely lead to even more high-profile games in September and October.

Of course if all of this was just to ensure that the SEC was represented then it’s a travesty. 

Does it though? I mean if FSU beat Bama Week 2 instead of Texas and still lost their QB I think the committee still wouldnt put them in

I've said this before but they need to do away with the week-to-week rankings and just do a one-time reveal like the NCAA Tournament, especially next year with 12 teams. That way they don't get exposed for their horrendous lack of consistent reasoning and they can still make it up however they want to. They'd look far less worse this way.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm sure these placements only make FSU that more eager to leave the ACC.

I mean starting next year it probably won't matter.  If they win the ACC they'll get in.  Though honestly the Big Ten and SEC will likely be taking up at least 6-8 spots each year as only one year did the teams that are going to be in those conferences starting next year not represent at least 6 if not 8+ teams in the top 12 of the playoff committee rankings, the the one year with there only being 5 of those teams in the top 12 in 2014.

51 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I've said this before but they need to do away with the week-to-week rankings and just do a one-time reveal like the NCAA Tournament, especially next year with 12 teams. That way they don't get exposed for their horrendous lack of consistent reasoning and they can still make it up however they want to. They'd look far less worse this way.

I agree with everything you said but they wont do that. they want the drama of the weekly rankings and the chatter that follows it

The other lose in all of this is Washington. They 

A) Very clearly should be the 1 seed

B) Out of the tournament all together because they were 9 pt underdogs to Oregon

Sure they won and finished undefeated. But if they were projected to be slaughtered by Oregon, UGA should be in over them. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

NCAAB still has weekly rankings that ultimately have zero impact on NCAA tournament seeding though...