Playoff rankings

MWil23

17 hours ago, MD4L said:

They should’ve moved FSU to 15 or so after the North Alabama game.

Or after the Florida game.

If they dropped them to 15 right after the injury, it at least would have been logically consistent. They purposefully kept them in the top 5 to play up the intrigue for ratings, while simultaneously knowing they were never getting in. 

If FSU beats Georgia, and one of Texas or Alabama wins the invitational, then FSU has a legitimate claim as National Champions for this season.  I'd recognize them as the National Champs, and Texas/Bama would be the Invitational Champ.

Im not a huge college football guy so feel free to correct me but I don't understand the FSU outrage. Their schedule was incredibly weak and they looked absolutely horrific against Louisville in the conference championship game.

College football has always been about style points late in the season, it's one of the main reasons I'm not a big college football fan, the rankings have always been highly subjective.

How Georgia went from 1 to 6 is beyond me, nobody can convince me they aren't a top 4 team.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Im not a huge college football guy so feel free to correct me but I don't understand the FSU outrage. Their schedule was incredibly weak and they looked absolutely horrific against Louisville in the conference championship game.

College football has always been about style points late in the season, it's one of the main reasons I'm not a big college football fan, the rankings have always been highly subjective.

How Georgia went from 1 to 6 is beyond me, nobody can convince me they aren't a top 4 team.

Look at Michigan’s schedule and get back to me.

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Michigan’s the only team with wins over 2 different top 10 teams.  Also beat #17 Iowa.  

We still thinking PSU is a good team? Good sure. Top ten good? Wild.

Nothing like beating an incredibly inept offense like Iowa.

14 hours ago, MD4L said:

We still thinking PSU is a good team? Good sure. Top ten good? Wild.

Nothing like beating an incredibly inept offense like Iowa.

Compared to who? LSU? Mizzou? Ole Miss?  Are you now saying defense doesn’t matter?  Who did Washington beat? Oregon twice, who else?  Who did Oregon beat that’s better than Penn State that we know they’re so good?  Who has Texas beaten others than Bama? Who’s Bama beat other than Georgia?  If Penn State isn’t a big win then I don’t wanna here about wins over any of the other crap teams the other schools beat.  

So according to your logic only wins over teams that are in the top 5-7 matter or that play good offense cause defense doesn’t matter?

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Are you now saying defense doesn’t matter?

Lol this is so funny. FSU didn’t get in Inspite of having an elite defense.

So yes, defense doesn’t matter unless you have an exciting offense that can score points.

The CFP is a TV show driven by ratings and cash.

The network who owns the TV show is heavily invested in the SEC.

They will never/have never left them out and more than anyone else have given them multiple teams.

Follow the money folks.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The CFP is a TV show driven by ratings and cash.

The network who owns the TV show is heavily invested in the SEC.

They will never/have never left them out and more than anyone else have given them multiple teams.

Follow the money folks.

ESPN also has the ACC Network which brings in (albeit less) ratings and cash.  

But yes, there was no way the SEC, who has won 6/9 titles in the CFB playoffs, would be left out.

Fun fact:  the chairman of the committee is an AD in the ACC.

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

ESPN also has the ACC Network which brings in (albeit less) ratings and cash.  

But yes, there was no way the SEC, who has won 6/9 titles in the CFB playoffs, would be left out.

Fun fact:  the chairman of the committee is an AD in the ACC.

You mean the same ACC FSU tried to leave? That one? Yeah probably just coincidence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You mean the same ACC FSU tried to leave? That one? Yeah probably just coincidence.

Nah I meant the one that they will eventually leave for the SEC (or maybe a different mega conference if they’re still in their feelings when the time comes).

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Nah I meant the one that they will eventually leave for the SEC (or maybe a different mega conference if they’re still in their feelings when the time comes).

A move to the Big 10/SEC was already inevitable for similar reasons like where we are today.

This will surely expedite that process no matter how long that process actually takes.

• 5 weeks later...