Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I dont see how you could hire a coach not from the Shannahan tree right now. 

theres just too many examples of quality coaches at this point. I've always been a Shannahan guy, and seeing all these coaches and OCs having success if I were an owner would for sure lock me in to hiring someone else off the tree. 

Ben Johnson would be my only outlier. Besides that you gotta get that scheme its just so helpful for young QBs. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

I dont see how you could hire a coach not from the Shannahan tree right now. 

theres just too many examples of quality coaches at this point. I've always been a Shannahan guy, and seeing all these coaches and OCs having success if I were an owner would for sure lock me in to hiring someone else off the tree. 

Ben Johnson would be my only outlier. Besides that you gotta get that scheme its just so helpful for young QBs. 

Ben Johnson comes from an interesting background that can be traced to a mix of Andy Reid influenced guys (Brad Childress) and Mariucci influenced guys (Greg Knapp). So he's running essentially a Shanahan-esque scheme without the heavy outside zone mix on the OL. His style is very much a Walsh WCO.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ben Johnson comes from an interesting background that can be traced to a mix of Andy Reid influenced guys (Brad Childress) and Mariucci influenced guys (Greg Knapp). So he's running essentially a Shanahan-esque scheme without the heavy outside zone mix on the OL. His style is very much a Walsh WCO.

Might be a good option for you guys once Arthur Smith is canned

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

Yea my first thought if Smith gets fired was BJ. Offense would be scary.

Mike MacDonald Ravens DC

Dan Quinn Cowboys DC

Lou Anarumo Bengals DC

Ejiro Evero Panthers DC

Ben Johnson Lions OC

Frank Smith Dolphins OC

Brian Callahan Bengals OC

Eric Bieniemy Washington OC

College coaches is hard to say, Jim Harbaugh for sure might wanna get back in the NFL. Also I'm sure David Shaw name will be out there again, he interviewed in Denver last year and they loved him.

12 hours ago, General Tso said:

Yea my first thought if Smith gets fired was BJ. Offense would be scary.

14 hours ago, brownie man said:

He's legitimately my No. 1 choice. As long as they keep Nielsen and Gray for the defense. They have been excellent in improving this defense and building these players on that side of the ball.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:28 PM, scar988 said:

Monitoring this threat for HC's. The GM here in Atlanta has done a good job buying the groceries so far. Roster is much better than it was when he got here. Issue is Arthur Smith is an idiot.

If this a thinly veiled attempt to blame Ridder's inefficiencies on Arthur, we can see through it. 

Arthur Smith is not a good HC, but the QB position needs an overhaul. Both things are true.