Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

Another person that thinks Ben Johnson to the Commanders is all but done.

The consensus at Shrine Bowl practices is something that’s been buzzing in the media a few days now – Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson will be named head coach of the Washington Commanders once his run with the Lions is completed.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Is it starting to feel like there's a lot of talk on Mike McDonald to Seattle?

Seems like it's gonna be either Ben Johnson or Mike Mac, which is what it should be. Seattle is by far the more desireable job and Seattle will likely just pick whichever guy they want between Johnson and Macdonald.

I have a feeling they go with Mike Mac.

What if the Lions hold on (it's halftime) and Reid retires.  Would the world flip if Ben Johnson went to KC?  

Not that it will happen.  Johnson to WASH and MacDonald to the Seahawks feels inevitable.  That probably is announced no later than Tuesday night.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Seems like it's gonna be either Ben Johnson or Mike Mac, which is what it should be. Seattle is by far the more desireable job and Seattle will likely just pick whichever guy they want between Johnson and Macdonald.

I have a feeling they go with Mike Mac.

Is it though? If Washington still had Snyder, then I'd 100% agree. But he's gone. They have some young talented pieces and a chance to draft a franchise QB. Seattle isn't in bad shape by any means, but I don't think Geno Smith is gonna lead you to a Super Bowl victory.

• Like 2

Hearing Nick Caley (Former Tight Ends coach for the Pats 2017-2022, Rams 2023) is likely to be the OC for the Pats.

I don't find this to be a good pick, but when you go from Bill Belichik to someone who's literally never been around any other coaches in his entire career playing or coaching.. I'm not surprised.

I feel bad for Jayden Daniels if he goes there, but hey maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hearing Nick Caley (Former Tight Ends coach for the Pats 2017-2022, Rams 2023) is likely to be the OC for the Pats.

I don't find this to be a good pick, but when you go from Bill Belichik to someone who's literally never been around any other coaches in his entire career playing or coaching.. I'm not surprised.

I feel bad for Jayden Daniels if he goes there, but hey maybe I'm wrong.

it’s too bad too because theyve interviewed a fair share of solid options. caley isnt really the best candidate theyve met with. if i had to guess, the pats will screw up the draft pick either by through poor development strategy, poor hiring and team management process/decisions, or simply taking the wrong player wherher its at 3 or trading. i feel like theyre just going to get it all wrong.

Another person that thinks Ben Johnson to the Commanders is all but done.

The Comms are interviewing Mike Macdonald tomorrow. But maybe they're just going through the motions.

The Browns have hired Ken Dorsey as OC. He was fired during the season when he had the same job with the Bills. Browns: "Yeah, let's hire that guy."

Edited by Mr.UFO

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Over - Under 24 hrs before Johnson is announced as the Commanders next HC?

That domino falls, then Quinn goes to Seattle. 

I don't think we interview him until tomorrow, so I was guessing tomorrow afternoon.