Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

That scenario will probably work for me in another couple months.

gross no DC as a HC unlesss he's BB who made it work with Tom, If AR was still here but we need someone who can speak QB if MLF can't do it for Love. If MLF can't actually teach Love we need somene to grow the new one. Holmgren grew and made Favre and MM turned AR into a QB. Would love to see what MM could have done with Love when he ran his QB school. But no to a DC who can't bring up a young QB. Unless it's Demeco and i think he's in for the long haul in Houston:). 

Would like any of the young guys listed off the 49r's tree, or anyone really high up on Ryan's tree in Houston or Saleh's tree in NY. They all have a very dictating style of defense. The brownies are decent too but not sure i haven't seen enough of them to know. 

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If this happened to Trump or Biden they'd get hit right in the face.  Top notch quick twitch from Bush. 

Yeah but Trump would be the best shoe taker to the face, maybe ever. Definitely took the shoe to the face better than Biden. Nobody takes a shoe to the face better than Donald Trump. Nobody.

• Like 4

Who would I want next?

1. Robert Saleh if available should be at the top of the list.  Question there might be whether or not Rodgers would come back for the start of thr Jets next season and request that his current HC be retained along with Hackett.  If not though, I suspect Saleh will be on the open market, and he'd be the first number I'd call.

2. Mike Vrabel - Not sure what his standing is currently, but he might not be lasting too much longer in Nashville.  He certainly is a coach the players would rally behind if we landed him, and of course he knows LaFleur.

3. Todd Bowles - At the moment, the rotten NFC South looks to be saving his job despite the underwhelming Bucs performance.  But, if by some crazy happening he got fired and became available, I'd have to consider him too.

4. Dennis Allen - Harder sell because he runs a 4-3 and probably would want different personnel than what we have.  But you can't deny he certainly fixed and toughened up the once soft Saints D, a resume impressive enough to consider him a candidate.

5. Matt Eberflus - also not sure here because so far the Bears defense has been a mess under him.  But if there aren't really any better options out there, I would consider him better than Barry.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

The problem with Leonard is he denied MLF once already. Does he really want the Job?

Brandon Staley if he gets canned?

George Bush Throw GIF - George Bush Throw Shoe - Discover ...

I thought about him, but he basically runs the exact same thing, or mostly the same thing that Barry does now.  Not enough light in between the two men for me to like him.

I'd like a 4-3 defense in the style of the Jets or the 49'ers. We got to start dominating and winning the line of scrimmage on a consistent basis. We already have some of the pieces to play that style on the defensive front. TJ Slaton, Devonte Wyatt, and Kenny Clark would make a good interior. Van Ness and Gary would be well suited to play defensive end. Quay Walker would make an excellent outside linebacker in the mold of Barr from Minnesota. We need a middle linebacker and another outside linebacker and I think there are a couple of interesting free agents this year that could fill that bill.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah but Trump would be the best shoe taker to the face, maybe ever. Definitely took the shoe to the face better than Biden. Nobody takes a shoe to the face better than Donald Trump. Nobody.

Haha probably and Biden probably wouldn’t even realize something hit him. 

politics aside Bush’s pitch on 9/11 and his post terrorism news conference golf drive we’re impressive. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

MLF needs to be smart about his DC choice, his job probably rides on his choice.  You want somebody with success and experience, but not too old, and you dont want some kid just learning the job either.  Staley is a good buddy of his, his success came with the Rams, but he had Aaron Donald, Ramsey and a pretty good crew.

Chose wisely MLF.