Joe Barry HAS Been Fired, Who Do You Want Next?

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't care who the new guy (and his scheme is) so long as he demands aggressive play and toughness.

Oh and don't forget the ability to make in game adjustments.  Want a chess master.  Why I really like Zimmer.  All of that.  Hard nosed and tough. He always gave Rodgers fits.  Unpredictable and mix it up.  He's on the street right now.  I'd have him on a plane tomorrow.  Leonhard not so sure.  Pretty big step up and would he be able to put together a decent staff?  Zimmer is the safer play IMO.  Fine with either one actually.  

MLF will probably ride it out with douchenozzle and we'll all be tortured the rest of the season as a result.  MLF we'll probably want to take his time picking the next DC.  

MLF is a great offensive mind but man dude hire a guy who can run the D for you.  Not kidding about calling Rodgers.  Aaron knows the score.  Seek input wherever you can.

Barry is dumber than my dog and looks like him too. ..OK guess I've got it out of my system.  Have to go to the DVR and delete this game.  All that's left. 

Edited by Scoremore

not really interested in the old retreads.  would prefer someone that is a position coach and has been in a D system that has been having success in the current NFL

Someone off the SF, HOU, BAL coaching staffs.   need to do a bit of digging into those staffs

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

I want a young guy who is hungry and willing to build his scheme around the pieces he has rather than someone who has their system and is set in what they know. I don't know the staffs well enough to drop good names.

That was supposed to be Pettine.  MLF probably should have given him another year.  Think that is why he kept Barry trying not to make that same mistake again.  Only difference is Barry really really really sucks. 

Just now, squire12 said:

not really interested in the old retreads.  would prefer someone that is a position coach and has been in a D system that has been having success in the current NFL

Someone off the SF, HOU, BAL coaching staffs.   need to do a bit of digging into those staffs

I'd add the Saleh staff to that list.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

That was supposed to be Pettine.  MLF probably should have given him another year.  Think that is why he kept Barry trying not to make that same mistake again.  Only difference is Barry really really really sucks. 

What? Pettine was a DC and a HC. No I mean a hire like LaFleur himself. First time DC preferably who has coached under different systems.

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Barry was just a terrible hire based on his past record as a DC. I hated that signing from day one. He was not only a retread, but a two time horrifically failed retread.  Just awful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

What? Pettine was a DC and a HC. No I mean a hire like LaFleur himself. First time DC preferably who has coached under different systems.

Yah I get it and agree to some extent. Doesn't have to be a first time DC tho.   Pettine was supposed to be able to mold a defense to the players one of his strengths.  Only reason I mentioned him.  Given MLF's tenative position in selecting the next DC he might not opt for a newbie. 

I want someone who believes that defense starts with winning the line of scrimmage, then teaches and instills in each player the necessary fundamentals necessary to play their position at a very high level, and then insists that each player give maximum effort in their performance on every play.