Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

On 2/25/2024 at 10:36 AM, Soggust said:

One thing I'm genuinely curious about is what they are going to resign Trevor for.

With the cap going up, are we thinking a 50-55m a year contract is viable for a guy who has struggled to date because of lack of support? Maybe he even commands 60-65m if he has a top 5 year?

Let's assume middle of the road, for argument's sake, that he puts up like 4000 25:10 at a 92.0 rating (top 10-15ish) and they lose the wildcard game next year. 

I think 50 makes sense, but it'll be structured Daniel Jones style where you can bail in 2 years. 

Dak probably resets the market at 57-60 this year. If Miami breaks they may give tua 50. My expectation is 50 for Purdy when he comes up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 2:36 PM, sparky151 said:

I doubt Lawrence gets the $50 mil+ megadeal just for being next guy in line. He'll have to do something like take the Jags to the Superbowl like Hurts or Burrow or put up big numbers like Herbert or win an MVP like Jackson. 

On 2/26/2024 at 10:27 PM, Forge said:

I think 50 makes sense, but it'll be structured Daniel Jones style where you can bail in 2 years. 

They have no choice but to pay him. Has he lived up to the hype? No. But he has still produced.

Over the last two seasons

QB with more wins (8): Hurts, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Lamar, Purdy, Dak, Tua

QB with more yards (4): Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Tua

QB with more TD (9): Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Dak, Tua, Geno, Burrow, Carr, Cousins

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They have no choice but to pay him. Has he lived up to the hype? No. But he has still produced.

Over the last two seasons

QB with more wins (8): Hurts, Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Lamar, Purdy, Dak, Tua

QB with more yards (4): Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Tua

QB with more TD (9): Mahomes, Allen, Goff, Dak, Tua, Geno, Burrow, Carr, Cousins

They'll definitely pay him. I assume 50 million just based on what he's done so far. Good season and it could be higher

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, Slingin' Sammy said:

Do we finally have enough sample size to say that this guy is what he is: an average/slightly below average NFL QB that will never live up to his “generational” potential coming out of college?

This version of the jags offense is very inconsistent.  Doug also hasn't said whos actually calling plays this year.

There's definitely a play calling problem cuz there's times it's a scramble to get the play off cuz it took so long to get the play called in

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

This version of the jags offense is very inconsistent.  Doug also hasn't said whos actually calling plays this year.

There's definitely a play calling problem cuz there's times it's a scramble to get the play off cuz it took so long to get the play called in

Hate to say this but , Its a Doug Pederson issue. Just like it was after the Eagles SB when he lost Frank Riech and DeFillipo.

We all thought Wentz/Foles thrived because of Doug, found out Reich played way more of a factor then any of us knew. 🤷‍♂️

What's scarier is how both as a HC without the other,  straight up sucks on their own.

It wasn't Doug who called Philly Philly. That was BDN!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

• notthatbluestuff changed the title to Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)