Week 10: Browns at Ratbirds GDT

MWil23

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scrabble vs Grossi as the GOAT Cleveland pessimist troll
    • Mike vs showing up after wins
    • Watson vs a timely shoulder “reinjury”
    • Delusional fans vs complaining about Kevin Stefanski, AKA Alpha Silver Fox
    • The Browns vs a 4 game losing streak against Baltimore
    • The first place 7-2 Ravens

Couple of points I wanted to make from Yesterdays HUGE WIN....I live near Baltimore in the DMV area...so I am IN FULL BROWNS regalia today....

#1 All those that keep wanting to Fire Stefanski......need to Stop with the Foolishness.....I think people keep forgetting that he's 41 year Old 1rst time HC and in year 4....he's won a playoff game on the road with Covid, he's been a NFL Coach of the year.....and more importantly he's 2-2 with PJ WALKER at QB (Should have been 3-1) and put together a gameplan with a QB gutting it out with a bad ankle and throwing shoulder and playing with his 4th and 5th string OT's vs the best passrush in the Legue..........If you are still calling for him to be fired, you are PERMANTLY putting yourself in that same group of folks that wanted to Fire Bill Belicheck.......

#2 Reggie Already posted a Vid of the game that Wyatt Teller had....he played back up to his All Pro form yesterday....

#3 Our Overpaid TE.....STOP THE MADNESS, he did have a bad drop...but he MORE than made up for it with that catch and run in crunch time and that HUGE 1rst down in the 3rd quater....but what people are not mentioning is that he was OPENING HOLES like Wyatt Teller all day long....Njoku went from Not being able to block to one of the Top 5 best blocking TE's in the NFL....he's a TRUE combo player....

#4 No More comments about Deshaun Watson's toughness or commitment.....any more comments like that and I'm goijng FULL ON BLACK PANTHER...and I aint talking about T'Challa and Wakanda...I'm talking H.Rapp Brown,  Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

#1 All those that keep wanting to Fire Stefanski......need to Stop with the Foolishness.....I think people keep forgetting that he's 41 year Old 1rst time HC and in year 4....he's won a playoff game on the road with Covid, he's been a NFL Coach of the year.....

You mean mike priefer won a playoff game on the road. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Couple of points I wanted to make from Yesterdays HUGE WIN....I live near Baltimore in the DMV area...so I am IN FULL BROWNS regalia today....

#1 All those that keep wanting to Fire Stefanski......need to Stop with the Foolishness.....I think people keep forgetting that he's 41 year Old 1rst time HC and in year 4....he's won a playoff game on the road with Covid, he's been a NFL Coach of the year.....and more importantly he's 2-2 with PJ WALKER at QB (Should have been 3-1) and put together a gameplan with a QB gutting it out with a bad ankle and throwing shoulder and playing with his 4th and 5th string OT's vs the best passrush in the Legue..........If you are still calling for him to be fired, you are PERMANTLY putting yourself in that same group of folks that wanted to Fire Bill Belicheck.......

#2 Reggie Already posted a Vid of the game that Wyatt Teller had....he played back up to his All Pro form yesterday....

#3 Our Overpaid TE.....STOP THE MADNESS, he did have a bad drop...but he MORE than made up for it with that catch and run in crunch time and that HUGE 1rst down in the 3rd quater....but what people are not mentioning is that he was OPENING HOLES like Wyatt Teller all day long....Njoku went from Not being able to block to one of the Top 5 best blocking TE's in the NFL....he's a TRUE combo player....

#4 No More comments about Deshaun Watson's toughness or commitment.....any more comments like that and I'm goijng FULL ON BLACK PANTHER...and I aint talking about T'Challa and Wakanda...I'm talking H.Rapp Brown,  Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton 

I've never called for Stefanski to be fired but I do think we overrate him. He is solid, has flaws.

Always liked Teller, he is great at run blocking, just okay in pass protection.

Njoku hasn't earned his contract yet, but he is who he is at this point, been around awhile.

#4 This is the only one I'll really question. Yeah, he stuck it out, as he is paid to do. Yeah, he is in a walking boot today. 

I'm far from sold that he is committed or tough though. One half of good play where he only missed 1 play after getting nicked up a few times is far from proof. 

As far as the threat, you better step back because I know the real story and it was actually Courtney Brown in a wig. He gave me pics so unless you want them posted...

• Like 1

I've gotten so used to seeing us turtle when things go against us. It was almost unreal how many things happened (before and during the game). We usually don't have that much perseverance.

In no particular order:

• Down 17-3 on the road against the "best" team in the league.
  • Our best 4 (or 5) OT's were out. No Chubb. We still ran for 150+ against a really good defense.
  • Clowney gets a sack. OBJ gets a TD. How many of us thought "very Browns-y". I know I did.
  • We mount a comeback, and our PR muffs the punt. I thought we were gonna keep them out of the end zone, but they eventually scored (I felt like that 12-yard drive lasted 45 minutes, and ended in agonizing fashion).
  • We come back to tie it, until we don't (missed PAT).

Most great teams go through something like this, and they point to it as the "moment". Maybe we lose to Pgh this week, and this will all be a distant memory. But if this season is a success for us, this game has to be the turning point.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:
  • Down 17-3 on the road against the "best" team in the league.

not just a good team, but one that often physically kicks our butts.  To be on the giving end this time was…. unusual.

• Our best 4 (or 5) OT's were out. No Chubb. We still ran for 150+ against a really good defense.

I think we need to accept Stefanski and Callahan are gonna run the ball successfully against anyone and everyone.

• Clowney gets a sack. OBJ gets a TD. How many of us thought "very Browns-y". I know I did.

Arguably the worst part of the day was that OBJ TD lol

• We mount a comeback, and our PR muffs the punt. I thought we were gonna keep them out of the end zone, but they eventually scored (I felt like that 12-yard drive lasted 45 minutes, and ended in agonizing fashion).

it felt like that because they got bailed out on ticks tack penalties on 3rd down.  Awful.

• We come back to tie it, until we don't (missed PAT).

just had to laugh at that point .

Most great teams go through something like this, and they point to it as the "moment". Maybe we lose to Pgh this week, and this will all be a distant memory. But if this season is a success for us, this game has to be the turning point.

I just hope we don’t get distracted and crap the bed against the Steelers, which would also be a very Browns-y thing to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

That game showed me I would be fine with big Thanos at LT and Hudson at RT for the rest of the year

I get why you’d want to, but I’m not sure I’m gonna go goofing with Dewand right now.  Maybe in the off-season or whatever.  Trying to learn the other side, all different footwork, etc., midseason on the fly is a recipe for disaster imo.

Especially so for a rookie who’s already got enough to deal with.

I’d rather kick Bitonio out and let Hudson play G if we’re gonna get wild.

• Like 1