Week 10: Browns at Ratbirds GDT

MWil23

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Scrabble vs Grossi as the GOAT Cleveland pessimist troll
    • Mike vs showing up after wins
    • Watson vs a timely shoulder “reinjury”
    • Delusional fans vs complaining about Kevin Stefanski, AKA Alpha Silver Fox
    • The Browns vs a 4 game losing streak against Baltimore
    • The first place 7-2 Ravens

Something I’ve noticed that makes our defense as fantastic as it is-

Holy crap do they smash the line of scrimmage. It’s what made the Steelers, Patriots, and Ravens defenses ferocious in the 2000’s. Just incredibly physical and attacking the opponents offensive line.

I feel like Schwartz attacks opponents offensive lines more than he attacks opponents QBs and RBs.

Does he blitz with JOK and Delpit? Yes, but watch how he puts opponents offensive guards and centers in absolute hell.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Otto graham played against plumbers and milk men. He wouldn’t make a juco team now. 

"Back before Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders received so much publicity for participating in two sports, there was Otto Graham. All he did as a Northwestern senior was earn first-team All-American honors in basketball and finish third in the Heisman Trophy voting in football. Then, in his first year as a professional, he played on championship teams in basketball for the Rochester Royals and football for the Cleveland Browns. After that season, he concentrated exclusively on football and led the Browns to six more championships."

"He set still-standing school records by returning a punt 93 yards in one game..."

From 1946-1948, he RETURNED PUNTS. Did Jim Brown suck too because he ran through those same milkmen and plumbers?

I get wanting to puff up Deshaun, but the complete lack of respect for one of the greatest QBs in NFL history disturbs me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

"Back before Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders received so much publicity for participating in two sports, there was Otto Graham. All he did as a Northwestern senior was earn first-team All-American honors in basketball and finish third in the Heisman Trophy voting in football. Then, in his first year as a professional, he played on championship teams in basketball for the Rochester Royals and football for the Cleveland Browns. After that season, he concentrated exclusively on football and led the Browns to six more championships."

"He set still-standing school records by returning a punt 93 yards in one game..."

From 1946-1948, he RETURNED PUNTS. Did Jim Brown suck too because he ran through those same milkmen and plumbers?

I get wanting to puff up Deshaun, but the complete lack of respect for one of the greatest QBs in NFL history disturbs me.

Oh wow the Rochester royals….

plumbers and milkmen. 

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care about anything else being discussed, I’m just here for scrabble leaning into the the milk men and plumbers lol

I'm just here to be told to shut up because Watson had a good half so it's proof that he is worth the contract.

We're all happy, we beat the Ravens. I loathe the Ravens. "Best team in the league". "Lamar is winning another unanimous MVP" (14 TD and 9 turnovers prior to this game so 15/10 now). Sit down 'Vens.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm just here to be told to shut up because Watson had a good half so it's proof that he is worth the contract.

not by me friend lol

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We're all happy, we beat the Ravens. I loathe the Ravens. "Best team in the league". "Lamar is winning another unanimous MVP" (14 TD and 9 turnovers prior to this game so 15/10 now). Sit down 'Vens.

^^^^

Steelers have a -26 point diff on the year and are 6-3

We should have beaten their arse the first go round. 

Just don’t get pollywhacked at the LOS and don’t do dumb isht giving the game away and let’s bring this to 7-3.

Maybe dramatic here but today was one of the bigger regular season wins we’ve had in a long time. Huge win for setting up a run, statement in the division, and flat out we never in the past win those type of games we won today. Even overcame the 12th man in zebra stripes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

not by me friend lol

By Brownie, I thought about countering with data but we just beat the Ravens so screw it, let him have his fun.

• Like 1

For the record I watched most of the game while doing tasks but my dislike for the Ravens offset my distaste for our QB. I was still hoping they would hand it to Ford every play and he would take it to the house but it was good to watch a game against a hated rival and actually pull it out.

Watson was definitely better in the 2nd half even though he looked like he may leave the game every time he was touched, he at least stuck it out. It was probably his best comeback since plaintiff 14. Took a beach towel to wipe that off.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Oh wow the Rochester royals….

plumbers and milkmen. 

Wow... no respect.

Lest we forget Deshaun as accomplished precisely nothing as a Brown. He has a long way to go to prove he's the greatest QB in Browns history. He can start by proving he was even worth what we gave up to get him. This game was a good start. He needs to continue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Steelers have a -26 point diff on the year and are 6-3

We should have beaten their arse the first go round. 

Just don’t get pollywhacked at the LOS and don’t do dumb isht giving the game away and let’s bring this to 7-3.

Maybe dramatic here but today was one of the bigger regular season wins we’ve had in a long time. Huge win for setting up a run, statement in the division, and flat out we never in the past win those type of games we won today. Even overcame the 12th man in zebra stripes.

Could an argument be made that outside of the two years that we were in the playoffs this was the BIGGEST win we've had since this team was reconstituted?  There may be others that would be in contention, but ATM, they escape me.

• Like 2