Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

24 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

IMO, if Mullens' brain doesn't break inside the 20 on those two plays.....and/or the coach calls for running plays in OT, we are all fairly happy with Mullens' play. I mean, they scored 24 points on the road with Nick Mullens and their 3rd/4th RB. 

The TD throws were both pretty lucky plays, imo. But yes, probably the best you can expect with your 4th starting QB of the year.

31 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

IMO, if Mullens' brain doesn't break inside the 20 on those two plays.....and/or the coach calls for running plays in OT, we are all fairly happy with Mullens' play. I mean, they scored 24 points on the road with Nick Mullens and their 3rd/4th RB. 

Exactly. He played fairly well, or at least predictably for the situation, outside of the bonehead interceptions.

I don't blame the failed QB sneaks on him either, the line needed to generate the push or KOC needed to try something else.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Exactly. He played fairly well, or at least predictably for the situation, outside of the bonehead interceptions.

I don't blame the failed QB sneaks on him either, the line needed to generate the push or KOC needed to try something else.

The second sneak was egregious, to me. Two DTs lined up on Bradbury's shoulders and everyone except KO and Mullens could see what was happening. To the point that Flores was trying to get KO to call timeout. Same thing that we were criticizing Kirk for when they tried to run a play instead of spiking the ball (can't recall which game that was).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Chandler is probably RB1. Let’s be realistic. The TD to Allison very well could have been a pick too, let’s not forget that. That was a turnover worthy play and not worth the risk on first and goal. 

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

The second sneak was egregious, to me. Two DTs lined up on Bradbury's shoulders and everyone except KO and Mullens could see what was happening. To the point that Flores was trying to get KO to call timeout. Same thing that we were criticizing Kirk for when they tried to run a play instead of spiking the ball (can't recall which game that was).

What I'm mad about with this play is the KO said they came out in 11 personal to try and get them out of their goal line package.

Well.... Creative idea I guess, but do you have a check if they come out really heavy with two DTs in the A gap?

Tbh tho, I really wonder if they covert if Mullens doesn't bobble the snap

Edited by Dolmonite26
  • Like 2

Justin Jefferson: Nick did a fantastic job today. Especially with the week of preparation, him being the starting quarterback. And I feel like he came out today with confidence. And I feel like we were all together, and he leaned on each one of us to help him throughout the game. So he did a fantastic job."

“Nick coming in and making some big tremendous plays for us, was able to communicate good, and everybody was on the same page. We just need to fix those few minor errors that we have. I feel like we played pretty good, though.”

https://purpleptsd.com/2023/vikings/vikings-analysis/justin-jefferson-qb/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

From my vantage point at the game, the 2nd sneak was super obvious. It was the exact same play. It was a terrible call. Even moreso when you consider that 181 pound Brandon Powell was doing the pushing. But it was only one in a series of head scratching plays. Chandler was carving the Bengals up all day. The decision to go away from him, especially in that situation, was baffling. 

The Vikings snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

From my vantage point at the game, the 2nd sneak was super obvious. It was the exact same play. It was a terrible call. Even moreso when you consider that 181 pound Brandon Powell was doing the pushing. But it was only one in a series of head scratching plays. Chandler was carving the Bengals up all day. The decision to go away from him, especially in that situation, was baffling. 

The Vikings snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Consider it a learning experience that likely won't be repeated again. 

• Like 1