Quantifying Our Quarterback Quandary...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm all in on drafting a qb this year although I don't want to draft one just to draft one.

I don't ever want them just to draft one to draft one...that's how you end up with Kellen Mond or Christian Ponder.  What matters is that they get the right one. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What’s the potential cost to trade up from #13 to #1 in February if they really like one of the QBs, and they don’t want to sign Kirk for a big contract in March, while not risking that no one is available at “13” they like in April

Considering it would likely be with a divisional rival who could also be in the market for a new QB the price would be astronomical and not worth it for us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What’s the potential cost to trade up from #13 to #1 in February if they really like one of the QBs, and they don’t want to sign Kirk for a big contract in March, while not risking that no one is available at “13” they like in April

About the same as what Carolina gave up. 

But, Chicago won’t trade the #1 pick to a divisional opponent. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

About the same as what Carolina gave up. 

But, Chicago won’t trade the #1 pick to a divisional opponent. 

Isn’t their GM terrible? I mean we gave away a high pick to a division rival. Not #1 but sometimes ego may get in the way of actually just making a sensible decision. 

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Isn’t their GM terrible? I mean we gave away a high pick to a division rival. Not #1 but sometimes ego may get in the way of actually just making a sensible decision. 

I wouldn’t call a pick outside the top 50 a high pick, and trading a TE to a divisional opponent is vastly different than trading with a divisional opponent that lands them a “generational” QB prospect. 

• Like 1

I think the Quarterback class is deep enough that we can grab a good QB without selling the farm for the No. 1 pick.

I would be exhilarated if we picked Jayden Daniels. Excellent mobility and outstanding deepball accuracy. He might be available at picks 5-10... which would be a much more manageable position to move up to... especially if we were to lose the next two games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GermanVike said:

I think the Quarterback class is deep enough that we can grab a good QB without selling the farm for the No. 1 pick.

I would be exhilarated if we picked Jayden Daniels. Excellent mobility and outstanding deepball accuracy. He might be available at picks 5-10... which would be a much more manageable position to move up to... especially if we were to lose the next two games.

ausgezeichnet!

• Like 1

At the moment, the Vikings would choose 14th in the 2024 NFL Draft, a draft spot that could climb as high as eighth or dive in the mid-20s, depending on the outcome of the next couple of games. If the Vikings miss the postseason, they’ll draft somewhere between 8th-16th. A playoff trip would shove the pick into the 20s.

If Kwesi Adofo-Mensah doesn’t want to re-sign Cousins nor give up a ton of assets to go after a quarterback prospect, Gardner Minshew would be a solid option in free agency since he’s done a good job of filling in for Anthony Richardson this season. The five-year veteran had a 63.3 completion percentage, nearly 2,800 yards and 14 touchdowns heading into this weekend while keeping the Colts in the playoff hunt. He ranks 22nd leaguewide per quarterback DVOA out of 45 qualifying passers, sandwiched between Kenny Pickett and Tyrod Taylor.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/fa-idea-for-vikings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

At the moment, the Vikings would choose 14th in the 2024 NFL Draft, a draft spot that could climb as high as eighth or dive in the mid-20s, depending on the outcome of the next couple of games. If the Vikings miss the postseason, they’ll draft somewhere between 8th-16th. A playoff trip would shove the pick into the 20s.

If Kwesi Adofo-Mensah doesn’t want to re-sign Cousins nor give up a ton of assets to go after a quarterback prospect, Gardner Minshew would be a solid option in free agency since he’s done a good job of filling in for Anthony Richardson this season. The five-year veteran had a 63.3 completion percentage, nearly 2,800 yards and 14 touchdowns heading into this weekend while keeping the Colts in the playoff hunt. He ranks 22nd leaguewide per quarterback DVOA out of 45 qualifying passers, sandwiched between Kenny Pickett and Tyrod Taylor.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/fa-idea-for-vikings?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Man, it sure feels like Minshew has been in the league longer than 5 years doesn't it?

On 12/26/2023 at 5:26 PM, CriminalMind said:

Astronomical.  Take the RG3-package, and probably put a 50% premium on it.

6 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Daniels is going third ot fourth overall.

• Like 2