Week 12 GDT : CLE @ DEN

broncos67

12 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

DTR is the reason we have a legit shot this week. He threw 3 picks against the ravens and though only 1 pick against the Steelers at least 3 other throws were “interceptable.” I think he gifts Denver 2 picks on Sunday. Given Denver’s O that’s 6 points. Given the way our D is playing the last 3 games (the data set I use has a 3 game breakout) that’s 3.2 points prevented (Denver has been giving up 1.6 pts/drive).

a 9 point swing in what should be a 14-17 game?

Broncos. 17-14 lol

Not to be a homer or unrealistic but if we get 2+ picks I guarantee we are scoring 10 points off of them. 😉

• Like 1

I expect to see the Denver D load the box and play Single high safety a lot this game. Run defense can't play like they did last week. Seen a string of really mobile QBs (Love, Mahomes, Allen, Dobbs now DTR) which neutered our pass rush for most of the game as they played a lot of QB contain (Bonitto has been spying the QB a lot in these games) but never really pinning their ears back until the 4th. 

As for the offense, no idea how they're going to put up points outside of turnovers. Myles Garret scares the hell out of me. Expect Peyton to continue with the screens/quick throws combined with a heavy rushing attack and some play action thrown in.

I'd be stunned if we see anything different Offensively than what we've seen since the KC game. We're playing an elite Defense and we're playing against an Offense who we should really hold under 20 points if we're being honest. This is almost certainly not the week to take chances and give free possessions away.

Contain the run on Defense, try and win the field position battle to eek out points - that will be the plan. If we can steal some points on turnovers and Special Teams, that could be the deciding factor in this game.

• Like 2

Totally winnable game for us. Cleveland is a very good football team, but they're not without their weaknesses. They're 3rd in the league in total turnovers with 20. And they have a rookie QB who has started all of 2 games in his career and is currently rocking a 42.4 QB rating.

If we can stop the run and put the pressure on Thompson-Robinson, then we can beat them the same way we beat KC, Buffalo and Minnesota: Force a bunch of turnovers -> win the field position battle -> don't cough up the football -> win a close, low scoring affair. 

• Like 1

Finally a true playoff implication game.  I know I've been away awhile but two weeks in a row I have tripled my bets with the broncos.  Took the moneyline against both the bills and the Vikes.  The bills was quite the chance but I had been watching them and felt something was off.  Anyway I use those examples to say I am quite amazed and perplexed as to their success but at this point lets continue it.  Pretty ugly to watch but the stat line showed Russ 27/36 for 259 yards and I was stunned when I saw that as I would never have thought he was that successful, as I thought are offence was quite brutal to watch against the Vikes.  Ugly football to watch but lets "let it ride"....... lmao 😆 because the qb injuries to both Cleveland and Cincinatti may really open possibilities up!     This won't be an easy one imo but I think we get er done!! 

On 11/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I'd be stunned if we see anything different Offensively than what we've seen since the KC game. We're playing an elite Defense and we're playing against an Offense who we should really hold under 20 points if we're being honest. This is almost certainly not the week to take chances and give free possessions away.

Contain the run on Defense, try and win the field position battle to eek out points - that will be the plan. If we can steal some points on turnovers and Special Teams, that could be the deciding factor in this game.

I feel like 'contain the run' is a lot easier said then done here. Stylistically this is a horrible matchup for Denver IMO. The Browns have the 5th best rushing attack in the NFL and the Broncos defense just gave up 155 rushing yards to Mattison/Chandler who were the 28th ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

If/when the Browns decide to pound the ball, I don't know how the Broncos are going to be able to stop it. The DL isn't built for ground and pound, but I guess we'll see!

I wonder if Vance will load the box and go single high just to make a rookie QB beat you. That's the only way I see the Broncos being able to hang in this one or else they are just going to get gashed all day long 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like 'contain the run' is a lot easier said then done here.

I only said that was the plan; I don't think for one second its going to be easy.

You'll struggle to find anyone on this forum who's been more critical of our front 7s inability to stop the run than me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I only said that was the plan; I don't think for one second its going to be easy.

You'll struggle to find anyone on this forum who's been more critical of our front 7s inability to stop the run than me.

Lol fair. I know they have routinely brought in Purcell in for that type of duty when they want to go bigger but it doesn't seem like it has made much of a difference this year.

They are just too light/athletic and I thought Zach Allen would have been a bigger upgrade over Dremont in that area

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol fair. I know they have routinely brought in Purcell in for that type of duty when they want to go bigger but it doesn't seem like it has made much of a difference this year.

They are just too light/athletic and I thought Zach Allen would have been a bigger upgrade over Dremont in that area

I do think Zach Allen is an upgrade over Dre'mont but we down graded at the other spots. DJ Jones has been disappointing this year, Purcell has lost a step and Jonathan Harris is maybe a 2nd stringer that we're starting. Our front 7 as a whole lacks a ton of talent.

Edited by grizmo78

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

I do think Zach Allen is an upgrade over Dre'mont but we down graded at the other spots. DJ Jones has been disappointing this year, Purcell has lost a step and Jonathan Harris is maybe a 2nd stringer that we're starting. Our front 7 as a whole lacks a ton of talent.

Yeah the Broncos don't have really any true quality early down DTs on their team. DJ Jones like you said was supposed to play a major role but he has been average at best and Purcell falling all a cliff hasn't helped

14 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah the Broncos don't have really any true quality early down DTs on their team. DJ Jones like you said was supposed to play a major role but he has been average at best and Purcell falling all a cliff hasn't helped

The tough part - there aren't a lot of great talents on the DL at the top of the draft.   DL is our biggest need, but we're so talent needy in enough areas that hopefully we don't force a need based pick in R1.   But investing in the DL with youth would be a smart move, and FA (not a great value at the top of the salary market, but in the middle - stopgap <ugh, but for 2024 it works>) should be a priority.   It's fair to say there's only 1 guy on the DL who should be guaranteed a spot (duh, Zach Allen), no one else should be considered as locks to return.   At his salary (and that none of his actual 2024 salary is guaranteed, just the dead money from his original signing bonus), DJ Jones should be a goner.

• Like 1