Russell Wilson was bad and the Broncos should feel bad

notthatbluestuff

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

No, because he was as awful as everyone said last year, and he's still not good this year. That offense is still very visibly restricted by his limitations. His yards per completion are like 2 yards lower than his career average, and is dead even with Kenny Pickett. My comparison for him has been 2016 Sam Bradford. It's just working because they've had an insane amount of drives start in plus territory or close to it in these past three games, and the defense has been fantastic. Like 6 of their drives against Buffalo started further than the 45 yard line. They had two drives start in Buffalo territory where they still didn't score points. 5 drives in the KC game, and they again still failed to score on one of them. 0 points on drives that did not start in KC territory. I beg people to actually watch these games, and not just be like oh, Russ is completing a lot of passes, they're winning now, we must have been wrong all along. Russ is still grossly overpaid, and still not great, they're just winning Pittsburgh Steelers style right now, and he's completing a ton of passes to RBs.

Comparing this man to Kenny Pickett just seems like pure haterade...

52 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

This would actually be the perfect offseason to try to move him now. 

As someone who’s seen almost every one of his snaps in orange and blue I agree completely. my dream is that we trade him. For anything. I just want out of that contract. I would trade a day two pick for someone to take that contract.

Sean is scheming guys wide open and Russ still hits them off target. If he could simply hit a WR in stride the broncos would score 10-14 more points a game. But every. Single. Throw is off. Behind the receiver. In the dirt. Leading them directly into the defender. Jerry jeudy is legit one of the better route runners in the league, but he doesn’t have that dawg in him to fight for balls. You have to lead him away from the defender and Russ can’t do that at this point. So our passing game is reliant on throwing 50/50 balls to Sutton.

additionally, likely due to his height as this has been an issue his entire career, he cant hit between the hash marks less than 20 yards unless it’s a broken play where he throws once he’s scrambled beyond the OL.

That brings us to the fact that he can’t step up into the pocket (not sure if it’s a height thing) but he starts scrambling before there is pressure. It’s hard on the lineman when they don’t know where the QB is. Can’t block to protect a pocket cuz Russ will just escape the pocket and run into the defender. 

I just hope there’s a GM looking for a Hail Mary to save his job and makes the bad decision to trade for him. 

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

As someone who’s seen almost every one of his snaps in orange and blue I agree completely. my dream is that we trade him. For anything. I just want out of that contract. I would trade a day two pick for someone to take that contract.

Sean is scheming guys wide open and Russ still hits them off target. If he could simply hit a WR in stride the broncos would score 10-14 more points a game. But every. Single. Throw is off. Behind the receiver. In the dirt. Leading them directly into the defender. Jerry jeudy is legit one of the better route runners in the league, but he doesn’t have that dawg in him to fight for balls. You have to lead him away from the defender and Russ can’t do that at this point. So our passing game is reliant on throwing 50/50 balls to Sutton.

additionally, likely due to his height as this has been an issue his entire career, he cant hit between the hash marks less than 20 yards unless it’s a broken play where he throws once he’s scrambled beyond the OL.

That brings us to the fact that he can’t step up into the pocket (not sure if it’s a height thing) but he starts scrambling before there is pressure. It’s hard on the lineman when they don’t know where the QB is. Can’t block to protect a pocket cuz Russ will just escape the pocket and run into the defender. 

I just hope there’s a GM looking for a Hail Mary to save his job and makes the bad decision to trade for him. 

I feel like the fumble by Courtland Sutton against Buffalo is like the perfect example of most of what you're saying here. 3rd and 6, Wilson has a pretty solid pocket, Sutton is wide *** open 5 yards downfield, basically if he gets the ball and falls over it's a first down and Denver is in FG range. Any remotely reasonable ball placement is an easy first down. Wilson has terrible technique on the throw, doesn't step into it, the pass winds up short and low, Sutton has to come back for it and go down to a knee to catch it. By the time he's regaining his balance he's now like 3-4 yards short of the first with three Bills closing in, can't protect himself or the ball as he's getting back up, and he fumbles. If you're watching the play-by-play or reading the box score, it's like, how can Sutton be so irresponsible there? When in reality, a remotely accurate pass never even puts Sutton in that situation.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Russ has had a Top 15 QB season, but it could easily just be a combination of 1) Payton severely masking his weaknesses 2) He got into better playing shape. He was fat last year. 

Top 15?  Would Russ feel better being told he's thoroughly mediocre rather than completely washed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...