2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

3 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Is your top 5 in order? No way I am taking Legette over Odunze or Coleman

It is, but it’s so early in the process and I’ve watched so little tape for each prospect that it almost certainly will be really different by the time we’re in the postseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It is, but it’s so early in the process and I’ve watched so little tape for each prospect that it almost certainly will be really different by the time we’re in the postseason.

That's not entirely crazy because they are both traits over production guys, but I like Coleman a little more myself. Legette is my #5 though, he can be a beast with his size and speed. He might be cut from the DK/AJ cloth.

I get some Josh Gordon vibes from Xavier Leggette. He has a massive ceiling. That said, he could just as easily be a Steven Hill/Denzel Mims. That’s the one guy that I think will end up being the most polarizing and discussed come draft time.

Xavier Worthy is underrated for some reason. He has insane deep speed, that IMO, blows Jalin Hyatt’s out of the water. Worthy gives me Desean Jackson vibes, even though he isn’t as quick in space. He glides past really fast players like it’s a joke. 

Miami has a trio of really interesting guys too.

Colbie Young is 6’5 and will run a 4.4ish. He is the better player between he and Johnny Wilson.

Jacolby George is electric with the ball in his hands. More of a gadget player, but IMO, the best screen game WR in CFB.

Xavier Restrepo is Mr. Reliable. He is a slot dynamo that catches everything, is a RAC threat, and has the quicks and smarts to separate or sit in open space. If you need a Welker type, Restrepo may be the best in class when it’s all said & done.

None of them are high picks, but I think each has a very niche role that NFL OC’s will love. 

20 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Brian Thomas Jr is pretty safely my number 5 guy

Who are the other 4? 
Something like MHJ / Nabers / Odunze / Coleman ? 

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think I'm higher on Nabers than consensus. I have him and Coleman as 1A/B after Harrison. He reminds me of Terry McLaurin. Conversely, I'm lower than consensus on Odunze. My early comp for Odunze is Courtland Sutton.

I have Nabers as #2 so far, but Odunze to me is closer to him (and being the second best WR) than he is from being the 4th WR (Coleman). 
If he is Courtland Sutton than this is pre-ACL Sutton at least. I think he's a great athlete with great hands, awesome body positioning/control and runs good routes to boot. What makes you rank him lower than consensus? 

Edited by MagicMT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think I'm higher on Nabers than consensus. I have him and Coleman as 1A/B after Harrison. He reminds me of Terry McLaurin. Conversely, I'm lower than consensus on Odunze. My early comp for Odunze is Courtland Sutton.

That's actually a pretty good comp for Odunze, i like it. Maybe slightly better hands and pre-ACL injury Sutton. I'm slightly lower on Coleman than you, not because of talent but because of consistency. He is capable of having huge games but they're sandwiched between some lack luster games. My comp for Coleman right now is maybe Dez Bryant (play style). That said, all 4 (including Nabers) should be drafted in the 1st round and by the mid 20s at the latest. 

Edited by grizmo78

51 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Who are the other 4? 
Something like MHJ / Nabers / Odunze / Coleman ? 

I have Nabers as #2 so far, but Odunze to me is closer to him (and being the second best WR) than he is from being the 4th WR (Coleman). 
If he is Courtland Sutton than this is pre-ACL Sutton at least. I think he's a great athlete with great hands, awesome body positioning/control and runs good routes to boot. What makes you rank him lower than consensus? 

I don't think Odunze has any outstanding traits besides his size. He's not especially quick, fast, or strong. He's the type of receiver I think of coming out of Michigan over the years (e.g. Nico Collins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Braylon Edwards). A decade ago, he would definitely go top 10. Ultimately, his type of archetype ends up being a lower volume WR2-type, which makes him more of a back-end of the first-round type for me. His best outcome for me is him becoming a Michael Pittman-type receiver, but he hasn't shown that yet.