2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

2 minutes ago, DM316 said:

Britt more athletic than Higgins? Coleman is the same alpha as Higgins on contested catches. I'm an FSU fan, I've watched plenty .... he is more explosive than Higgins but I'm not willing to lower the bar to Britt for a comp is all. I don't really see any comp that could be closer (keep in mind it doesn't have to be 1 of 1).

Yes, I do think Britt was more athletic than Higgins in terms or raw athleticism (speed, quickness, leaping ability). My comps are for projecting skillsets to an NFL field and they are not 1-to-1. I look for archetypes. I do not consider Higgins being an archetype for the type or receiver Coleman is or I think will be in the NFL. 

• Like 2

Rome Odunze reminds me of Treylon Burks. When he was in college before the draft. I didn't see it and many had him in the top 10 picks!!!!

I here the buzz but I just don't see it.

I'm a Pats fan and a expert with bust WRs !!!!!😁

Here is a fact. If you hear a WR's skill is 50/50 or Red Zone threat..... RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!!!

50/50 is another way of saying he slow and can't separate.  RZ means jump balls incomplete !!!!

Never pick a WR because he has size, without speed, he's just another OL on the field

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Higgins? Nah. I think Keon is much stronger. The Brandon Marshall comparison has been made several times to the point where people wanna find another comp…but it’s perfect. He reminds me so much of B-Marsh. 

Could see it in some ways but I don’t see the physical brutality that Marshall played with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DM316 said:

Britt more athletic than Higgins? Coleman is the same alpha as Higgins on contested catches. I'm an FSU fan, I've watched plenty .... he is more explosive than Higgins but I'm not willing to lower the bar to Britt for a comp is all. I don't really see any comp that could be closer (keep in mind it doesn't have to be 1 of 1).

Britt was very athletic. He just wasn't that good at football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

Rome Odunze reminds me of Treylon Burks. When he was in college before the draft. I didn't see it and many had him in the top 10 picks!!!!

I here the buzz but I just don't see it.

I'm a Pats fan and a expert with bust WRs !!!!!😁

Here is a fact. If you hear a WR's skill is 50/50 or Red Zone threat..... RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!!!

50/50 is another way of saying he slow and can't separate.  RZ means jump balls incomplete !!!!

Never pick a WR because he has size, without speed, he's just another OL on the field

Jury is still out on Burks, he has been injured and held back by god awful QB play.

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I really don’t get the Odunze hate. I guess there’s always gotta be one prospect that gets dunked on when he gets love. I’m a fan of his game.

I like him a lot but he is perplexing.  Is he just a one trick high pointer or so much more.  Hard to tell until he gets thrown into a different offense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jury is still out on Burks, he has been injured and held back by god awful QB play.

Ya I understand however the hype for him was off the charts from the Bucky's.  He might turn to be a good WR however IMO he will never live up to his draft hype.