2024 WR Talk

nicfre2011

Malachi Corley is legit if he goes to a scheme like the Rams or SF. He isn’t a traditional WR, but a good OC will know how to get the ball in his hands. Dude turns into the freaking hulk in space. And he has deep speed and high points the ball for traffic catches very well. Just unpolished as a route runner. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Is there an exciting day 3 WR out there? I’m not seeing any. Roman Wilson is intriguing, but he’s probably going in the late 3rd I would guess. His 40 will push him up. 

There’s a few guys I’m intrigued by at the Senior Bowl - Jamari Thrash, Luke McCaffrey and Javon Baker in particular.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

TBH, if a WR prospect is exciting, they shouldn't be going on Day 3.

In theory. But there are always guys mocked day 3 that I love. Not so much this year.

2022 had a ton.

Justin Hall, Emeka Emezie, Tanner Conner, Charleston Rambo…to name a few.

2023 had:

Antoine Green, Niko Ramehio, Dontay Demus, Jason Brownlee, Keytaon Thompson, Rakim Jarrett…to name a few. 

On 1/23/2024 at 10:09 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

Malachi Corley is legit if he goes to a scheme like the Rams or SF. He isn’t a traditional WR, but a good OC will know how to get the ball in his hands. Dude turns into the freaking hulk in space. And he has deep speed and high points the ball for traffic catches very well. Just unpolished as a route runner. 

As an Ohio State fan I watched him shred the Buckeye secondary.  He was mocked by the guy from PFF to Houston in the second round.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:08 PM, BetterCallSaul said:

Is there an exciting day 3 WR out there? I’m not seeing any. Roman Wilson is intriguing, but he’s probably going in the late 3rd I would guess. His 40 will push him up. 

I think Whittington from Texas could end up a good player. But more like a good WR3, and certainly not an "exciting player". 
Lincoln Victor (Washington State) could be a good slot guy at the next level and he's going day 3 or undrafted. 
WIll try to find more when I will take more time to scout players individually 

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  Everyone always has their favourite Day 3 "sleepers" and pet projects that emerge as the process moves along...but at the end of the day, the really obvious, exciting, dynamic sort of receivers tend to be, well...obvious Top-3 Round Picks.

Guys always fall through the cracks for various reasons, Day1/2 guys bust for various reasons...but if those Day 3 guys were that exciting and obvious talents without major questionmarks, they'd be taken much higher.

52 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Was he not exciting enough for you as a Day 3 pick?

You seem to be conflating exciting prospect with exciting player in the NFL.

Plus I said if they’re exciting, then they shouldn’t be going Day 3, so unless you are suggesting that there are players that teams look at and say “boy, he’s gonna be a 1000 yard receiver right out the gate, sure hope he makes it to the third because I definitely am not spending a first or second on him,” and that you think that that is the correct decision making process, then I don’t know what your point is.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You seem to be conflating exciting prospect with exciting player in the NFL.

Plus I said if they’re exciting, then they shouldn’t be going Day 3, so unless you are suggesting that there are players that teams look at and say “boy, he’s gonna be a 1000 yard receiver right out the gate, sure hope he makes it to the third because I definitely am not spending a first or second on him,” and that you think that that is the correct decision making process, then I don’t know what your point is.

Sometimes guys fall through the cracks. That’s what makes Day 3 so exciting. To me it’s a failure in scouting when good players go late moreso than luck. 

But every once in a while you get a Nacua or a Pacheco and all that scouting was worth it when you see how good they become. 

On 1/24/2024 at 9:25 AM, Daniel said:

Literally no one here was like, "Yep, Puka Nacua about to go off for 1500 yards" before the draft.

Hell, I feel pretty good about calling Rashee Rice at 55 overall.  I thought he was a top 20 pick type of talent last year.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1