2024 OL Talk

nicfre2011

Kind of underwhelmed looking at Joe Alt's tape. Reminds me of Mike McGlinchey. Not somebody I'd want with a top-10 pick. More of like a plug and play guy that you'll be frustrated with at times and want to move on from, but you can't because it's hard to find someone better.

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Kind of underwhelmed looking at Joe Alt's tape. Reminds me of Mike McGlinchey. Not somebody I'd want with a top-10 pick. More of like a plug and play guy that you'll be frustrated with at times and want to move on from, but you can't because it's hard to find someone better.

That's pretty surprising.  What tape?  Dude wins like all his blocks.

Alt is my dream draft scenario for the Titans.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, a good OL tape should be underwhelming IMO.  It honestly should be kinda boring if we're being honest.  And don't see McGlinchey at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think he becomes the best overall OL from this class. And that’s saying something considering I think he’s a guard in a loaded OL class. 

He’s this year’s Skoronski for me. I think Barton and Powers-Johnson are my top interior guys currently.

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

He’s this year’s Skoronski for me. I think Barton and Powers-Johnson are my top interior guys currently.

Serious question: does this year’s Skoronski mean your top guy, or a guy who is drastically overrated?

51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Serious question: does this year’s Skoronski mean your top guy, or a guy who is drastically overrated?

As a prospect, a clean college tackle to plug and play NFL guard projection. Haven’t really followed the Titans close enough this year to know if he underperformed against draft expectations.

2 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

As a prospect, a clean college tackle to plug and play NFL guard projection. Haven’t really followed the Titans close enough this year to know if he underperformed against draft expectations.

Drastically.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Beebe and Fuaga are up there for me(assuming Fuaga moves inside)

Can you tell me more about Beebe and Fuaga? Fuaga seems to be highly regarded right now among draftniks, but Beebe seems to be regarded right now as more of a mid-round prospect.

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

What are the thoughts on Center in this draft.  I always see Van Pran and Powers Johnson near the top of any list.  What about Zach Frazier (WVU), Beaux Limmer(Ark) or Nugent (Mich)?

Every other center I've watched I've come away unimpressed (Michigan, Tulane, and NC State had Cs that were allegedly solid, but none looked worth much to me).  Van Pran is great, but other than that, Idk.  Haven't watched enough Powers-Johnson, and haven't checked out Frazier or Limmer.  Frazier is about the only one I see people talk about regularly.

I liked Cooper Mays and Alabama's Cs as later in the draft guys, but both went back to school.

Are there any guards that have experience at center in this class and are currently elsewhere, or is it really just a handful of guys and JAGs?  I think someone said earlier that the Duke kid can play center?

Titans need help, really, at like every OL position, so it sucks that it's a weak center class.  And a weak guard class.