How do you beat the 49ers?

Manny/Patrick

Get them in the NFCCG or Superbowl in the 4th quarter and trail by at least 10pts and you have them right where you want them lol

Im just slightly kidding lol. I think you just have to be physical. The Rams beat the Niners in the NFCCG bc they were physical. Nick Scott put a big hit on Deebo and I thought he knocked him out for the rest of the game. They made the Niners offense disappear nearly completely in the 4th quarter. 34yds of total offense in the 4th quarter and all of those yards came in the first 4 or so minutes of the quarter. The rest of the quarter the Niners didnt gain a positive yard.

So yeah just be physical with them (easier said than done) and hope you can get them down where Purdy have to play from behind late in games where he isnt used too and he tend to make mistakes. Not to mention Kyle doesnt have a great track record when trailing by 8pts or more in the 4th quarter. But again all of this is easier said than done. If the Niners dont win the Superbowl this season its an epic fail and Im sure they know it so we will see the pressure increase each game so we will see if they fold or thrive regardless of the opponent.

Edited by stl4life07

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. I’m saying Purdy’s performance didn’t hinge on a missed kick, it was apparent all game regardless of whether or not he makes it. He looked horrible, and it was due to the ability of Cleveland to stop CMC while playing elite man defense and getting pressure.

If they win 20-19 it’s in spite of him, not because of him.

Okay fair enough. I can more-or-less subscribe to that interpretation of what happened. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Get them in the NFCCG or Superbowl in the 4th quarter and trail by at least 10pts and you have them right where you want them lol

Im just slightly kidding lol. I think you just have to be physical. The Rams beat the Niners in the NFCCG bc they were physical. Nick Scott put a big hit on Deebo and I thought he knocked him out for the rest of the game. They made the Niners offense disappear nearly completely in the 4th quarter. 34yds of total offense in the 4th quarter and all of those yards came in the first 4 or so minutes of the quarter. The rest of the quarter the Niners didnt gain a positive yard.

So yeah just be physical with them (easier said than done) and hope you can get them down where Purdy have to play from behind late in games where he isnt used too and he tend to make mistakes. Not to mention Kyle doesnt have a great track record when trailing by 8pts or more in the 4th quarter. But again all of this is easier said than done. If the Niners dont win the Superbowl this season its an epic fail and Im sure they know it so we will see the pressure increase each game so we will see if they fold or thrive regardless of the opponent.

You put this version of Purdy in any of the last 3 playoff losses the 49ers have had, they have 3 SB wins

6 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

You put this version of Purdy in any of the last 3 playoff losses the 49ers have had, they have 3 SB wins

That might not be true. Do you think Purdy would go into a cold night in Lambeau and get the Packers? Jimmy G did it in 2021 bc he had that experience. It’s something Purdy would have to learn and I don’t think you can assume he would’ve just did that. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

That might not be true. Do you think Purdy would go into a cold night in Lambeau and get the Packers? Jimmy G did it in 2021 bc he had that experience. It’s something Purdy would have to learn and I don’t think you can assume he would’ve just did that. 

I think Purdy could of done that, and the knucklehead INT he threw on their 5 yard line probably doesn’t happen, but maybe your right 

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You either beat them in the trenches, or if you can't do that...you just boatrace and see what happens.  Hope for the best.  Try to take away Deebo.

49er fan speaking here but dont try score points quick.  Shanny loves to posses the ball and burn clock, he will find weaknesses in the defense and chip away 5 yards at a time.  When the defense over corrects he attacks the down field void that was made by trying to stop the small bleeds.  To beat the 49ers you have to make them go the whole field and chip away, do not panic and play old school possesion football.

2023 NFL Offensive Play Selection | The Football Database (footballdb.com)

Look at offensive plays ran 49ers have ran 776 plays, most plays ran in the league is 934 and fewest is 763.  Shanny wants the other team to punt 2 or 3 times and just get rid of the clock.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Average Time of Possession (Excluding OT) | TeamRankings.com

49ers are 6th in time of possession.  When they have the ball they keep the clock moving, they put pressure on the other team to score and capitalize when the other team starts to panic and make mistakes.  

3 hours ago, burlow said:

49er fan speaking here but dont try score points quick.  Shanny loves to posses the ball and burn clock, he will find weaknesses in the defense and chip away 5 yards at a time.  When the defense over corrects he attacks the down field void that was made by trying to stop the small bleeds.  To beat the 49ers you have to make them go the whole field and chip away, do not panic and play old school possesion football.

2023 NFL Offensive Play Selection | The Football Database (footballdb.com)

Look at offensive plays ran 49ers have ran 776 plays, most plays ran in the league is 934 and fewest is 763.  Shanny wants the other team to punt 2 or 3 times and just get rid of the clock.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Average Time of Possession (Excluding OT) | TeamRankings.com

49ers are 6th in time of possession.  When they have the ball they keep the clock moving, they put pressure on the other team to score and capitalize when the other team starts to panic and make mistakes.  

That's totally fair and true.  If you ain't got no smoke, you might as well not bother.

But if you can strike quickly and consistently...that's one of the best ways to get Shanny off his groove.  Pile up a little lead, make it so he can't just chip away a few yards at a time easy and control play right back at you.

There's a school where i guess "fight fire with fire" makes sense too.  Just play 3 yards and a cloud of dust or whatever.  Keep the ball out of his hands.  But i think the bigger way to push him off balance is to score a few quick strikes.  Make him play from behind.  Doesn't mean your defense can just tee off, but if you let him stay in that comfort zone of those owning the ball and taking his time...he's gonna destroy you on possession time, yardage, points, everything.

If the most Dominant NFL team in the past 30 years can lose a perfect season and SB , so can a 49ers team that has already lost 3 straight game this season.

Not sure why everyone is making them out to be this Juggernaut that can't be stopped? Any Given Sunday always applies!

However to beat them that particular team will need to play error free football,  force some TO's, get constant pressure/sacks on Purdy, limit the run game and win T.O.P.

Yes all tall tasks but not impossible. Just ask the 2007 Giants. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the most Dominant NFL team in the past 30 years can lose a perfect season and SB , so can a 49ers team that has already lost 3 straight game this season.

Not sure why everyone is making them out to be this Juggernaut that can't be stopped? Any Given Sunday always applies!

However to beat them that particular team will need to play error free football,  force some TO's, get constant pressure/sacks on Purdy, limit the run game and win T.O.P.

I mean I don't think anyone looks at this team as being some unstoppable force. Even though you can argue they have been just that when healthy. 

It also does not help that the other top two threats in the NFC lost by by a combined score of 84-29. That's what is probably making them look more unbeatable than they really are. 

I don't see a double digit win against the Ravens so after that game some opinions will change a bit. 

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You would think we were talking about the 85 bears in this thread 

• Like 1