Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

11 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'm seeing more outrage for this than the Rashee Rice situation lol

Butker's comments extend to a realm outside of the culture of football so the volume of the blowback is going to be much higher. That doesn't surprise me. People who don't give two craps about football care about those comments. People who don't care about football don't care about rashee rice racing at 120 miles an hour or whatever. 

That said, you've all got it wrong. This stuff is always about content creation, memes and laughing. I can't even begin to count the amount of times I've seen the Manning "idiot kicker" get thrown around. Butker's comments are mostly fun for me. I'm going to poke fun at some of what he said (even as I admittedly embrace hyperbole in describing what he said) and then I'm going to have a lot of fun with the responses coming down. People take themselves way too seriously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

This has got to be the worst thread in the forum at the moment. Congrats, guys 🎉.

This thread made me think about ET and Webby having a baby (and also made me wonder whether I'm adopted) 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

This thread made me think about ET and Webby having a baby (and also made me wonder whether I'm adopted) 

I wish Maury was still around for that blood test result

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He said worst thread, why are you replying with the best thread?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Well can your alleged birth parents generate a lot of power? If not, well...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I find it useful to stop reading headlines and spend the time to watch the speech if you're going to make comments on it. Calling it "awful" or him an "awful person" say MUCH more about who you are as a person than it does him. 

Read his whole speech and thought the headlines were pretty mild in comparison. To me the dude has very weird, regressive views but each to their own and this isn’t the best forum to hash that out. 

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I find it useful to stop reading headlines and spend the time to watch the speech if you're going to make comments on it. Calling it "awful" or him an "awful person" say MUCH more about who you are as a person than it does him. 

Who’s reading just the headlines?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chiefer said:

But he’s still a kicker though…

like if he wasn’t on the Chiefs nobody would care, but because he’s a chief apparently his whackadoo views matter now? It’s silly

Your star TE is dating the most famous pop star in the world, who's put out a single with the lyric "No deal, that 1950's **** they want from me".

The NFL has gone out of it's way to use Taylor Swift as a way to try appeal to women, but it (like most sports, frankly) has a large fraction of it's player base that is rural and right-wing. There was always going to be blowback. It's not the logo on the helmet, it's the new fanbase the Chiefs and the NFL appealed to.

If Butker were on my team I might worry a bit about bad press, but what is the team going to do? Cut ties with a great kicker because his protected free speech might have hurt someone's feelings? Or, as is most common in cases like these that blow up on social media, hurt someone's distant perception of what they think someone else's feelings should be.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

This has got to be the worst thread in the forum at the moment. Congrats, guys 🎉.

I'm doing my part to make it worse!

In a league that employs some of the worst people imaginable, give me Harrison Butker all day every day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm doing my part to make it worse!

In a league that employs some of the worst people imaginable, give me Harrison Butker all day every day.

I'm sure there's far worse people out there than anyone playing in the NFL

• Like 3