Week #16 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Before like 2011 you’d basically never see a helmet that came off unless a dude was face masked and now it happens all the time. Then again dudes used to put mouth pieces in their mouth instead of dangling them on their face masks for social media likes, or have 2 of them, one for wearing and one for dangling.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Before like 2011 you’d basically never see a helmet that came off unless a dude was face masked and now it happens all the time. Then again dudes used to put mouth pieces in their mouth instead of dangling them on their face masks for social media likes, or have 2 of them, one for wearing and one for dangling.

I remember 49ers vs Cardinals in 2008, QB Shaun Hill scrambled on 3rd & long and got tackled 2-3 yards short of the 1st down marker and his helmet popped off, he still dragged the Cardinals defender for a 1st down. Was a hype play 

I also vaguely remember Jason Witten dragging some defenders with him when his helmet popped off, i think it was a Cowboys-Eagles game around 10 years ago

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I remember 49ers vs Cardinals in 2008, QB Shaun Hill scrambled on 3rd & long and got tackled 2-3 yards short of the 1st down marker and his helmet popped off, he still dragged the Cardinals defender for a 1st down. Was a hype play 

I also vaguely remember Jason Witten dragging some defenders with him when his helmet popped off, i think it was a Cowboys-Eagles game around 10 years ago

Exactly, they were such crazy outliers they’re ingrained into our memories, like Steve Young running without his helmet on the one play. Now it happens all the time 

• Like 2