Week 17 Packers @ Vikings - The Win-win Scenario

LLcheesehead12

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need to drag them out to deeper waters and watch them drown.  Wasn't it Salah that said something like that about the Packers a few years back?

I believe so, yes.

Fields looked great today against Atlanta, as did their defense.  Next week is Chicago’s Super Bowl, so let's make sure it’s as miserable on them as possible!

The Packers have another elimination game at home. They’ve been eliminated at Lambeau the last 3 seasons!!

2020 - Lost NFC Championship to Bucs
2021 - Lost NFC Divisional to 49ers
2022 - Lost Week 18 “win and get in” to Lions

Good season. Let’s stop the count

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I believe so, yes.

Fields looked great today against Atlanta, as did their defense.  Next week is Chicago’s Super Bowl, so let's make sure it’s as miserable on them as possible!

The Packers need to get pressure on him and you'll see his flaws appear.  The guy can't throw with anticipation .. he has to see it to hit it.  He's dangerous athletically, but I really think he struggles to process the game.  When he sees the rush he look to bolt the pocket, so we'll have to be disciplined.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers need to get pressure on him and you'll see his flaws appear.  The guy can't throw with anticipation .. he has to see it to hit it.  He's dangerous athletically, but I really think he struggles to process the game.  When he sees the rush he look to bolt the pocket, so we'll have to be disciplined.

Agree on pressure, but containment is critical else he’ll bust off some yardage.  His passes were unusually accurate today, but who knows with that dude.

Their defense looked very stout against a B-league offense today.  I think Love and company will get the job done next week!

A couple final thoughts from tonight:

Melton is a very nice piece to have on this offense.

Jones continually makes **** happen.

Brian Flores got his *** handed to him tonight.

NFC North is on notice that the Packers aren’t planning on taking years or decades to reclaim the division.  Suck it Lions, Vikes and Bears!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

The Packers have another elimination game at home. They’ve been eliminated at Lambeau the last 3 seasons!!

2020 - Lost NFC Championship to Bucs
2021 - Lost NFC Divisional to 49ers
2022 - Lost Week 18 “win and get in” to Lions

Good season. Let’s stop the count

Love doing what Rodgers couldn't last year is the kind of discourse I am here for. Get it done

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Leader said:

This throw had some serious torque.  If he’s going to continue to freestyle his footwork falling back etc we’re going need to see more of this.  Kid has all the tools he needs and he’s off to a heckuva start. 

• Like 2

One of the things that makes me most happy about today’s game is how hard the team played. I was pretty disappointed with MLF’s handling of the Barry situation - I didn’t want him fired, his positives far outweigh his negatives and I’m hoping this will be a learning opportunity for him, but I did feel there was a very real chance he was losing the team. Whatever he did this week - the suspensions, the talks, etc - it clearly worked. Beyond Barry calling better plays, the defense played with a passion that clearly wasn’t there last week. That feels like good leadership to me.

• Like 3

You know the biggest difference between Rodgers and Love. If Rodgers misses that first play deep throw to Reed like Love did, that would be game over for Rodgers, he would have a terrible game. Love is so cool and poised he isn't the mental midget that Rodgers is. 

Apologies wanted to start 2024 with a shot to Rodgers!!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We need to drag them out to deeper waters and watch them drown.  Wasn't it Salah that said something like that about the Packers a few years back?

probably, Saleh is full of sound advice, he also said once that if he can't get pressure with 4 he'll bring 5, if that still fails to disrupt the QB he'll bring 6, Barry finally took that advice last night and we held the Vikes to 3 pts for most of the game

• Like 1