Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Extending the play doesn't mean much if you can't throw the ball at all without it sailing...even on 5-yd passes.  I was never impressed with Dobbs at all...I was always cautious even when he was having success.  Mullens is no winner either, but if I have to make a choice, I'm taking Mullens 9 times out of 10.  Dobbs' mobility doesn't serve a purpose if he can't throw.  Then he's just a mobile Christian Ponder (or a weaker-armed Tarvaris).  I definitely put both Mullens and Dobbs in the category of a Tarvaris and Ponder...guys who are clearly backups and never should ever be starting QBs. 

I like Dobbs...slightly, very slightly more than Mullens. I don't believe Mullens should be in the NFL...I would rather suit up O'Connell and let him be player/coach over Mullens or Dobbs frankly.

For all the press that the "Young Gun" QBs in the league get, the position has taken a major step back across the NFL...starters and backups.

15 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

For all the press that the "Young Gun" QBs in the league get, the position has taken a major step back across the NFL...starters and backups.

On that, we agree.  I don't think any favors have been done at that position in college either with all the QBs who can't play out of anything other than shotgun.  I was starting to think that the position had started to become a little deeper, but I think it has regressed in the last year or 2, especially when we haven't seen significant good play out of many young QBs since 2020 when we got Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love and Hurts.  We've got a lot of inconsistency out of guys like Lawrence, Fields, Murray (who came out in '19) and pure mediocrity from Mac (and Daniel) Jones, Zach Wilson, Pickett and Ridder. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think Mullens probably still gives them the best chance to win but I wouldn't mind going with Hall. Mullens is just so careless with the ball

I just don’t agree. You have little chance to win with 3 turnovers, if not more. Mullens simply makes too many bad decisions; sometimes it works like that one TD two weeks ago but he also dodged a bullet when the defender dropped an easy pick 6 so close to scoring. Not saying Hall will play mistake free, you just hope he’d be slightly more cautious and eliminate some of the moronic decisions Mullens makes. If the defense plays well, and maybe that’s a big if based on the Detroit game, maybe we can get by with a QB who doesn’t  need to throw for 350+ yards every week.

I do not think Mullens give us the best chance to win. To be honest, Mullens give us the 3rd best chance, Dobbs gives us the best chance if KOC actually called a flexible/proper game plan tailored to Dobbs. Hall might actually give us a better chance, if they want the QB to sit in the pocket and deliver a high amount of pass attempts (the KOC game plan regardless of QB)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

I do not think Mullens give us the best chance to win. To be honest, Mullens give us the 3rd best chance, Dobbs gives us the best chance if KOC actually called a flexible/proper game plan tailored to Dobbs. Hall might actually give us a better chance, if they want the QB to sit in the pocket and deliver a high amount of pass attempts (the KOC game plan regardless of QB)

The QB that gives us the best chance will be the one who makes smart decisions and just trusts the process. That’s not Mullens. That might be Dobbs but it’s clear something isn’t clicking, whether KOC isn’t adjusting or Dobbs can’t pick up the offense without a proper offseason. That’s why you look at Hall. He’s new to starting, has been with the practicing since August, maybe there will be moments of deer in the headlights, but he simply may be more adaptable. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2