Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

How anyone could have watched Dobbs and think he’s a better QB than Mullens is mind boggling. 

Both QBs turn the ball over. Only one has shown the ability to move the offense. 

This is where I've been confused.  I've always thought that maybe I was missing something, because while both of them turn over the ball at an alarming rate, only one has the ability to pass the ball even a little...and it wasn't Dobbs. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I like Dobbs...slightly, very slightly more than Mullens. I don't believe Mullens should be in the NFL...I would rather suit up O'Connell and let him be player/coach over Mullens or Dobbs frankly.

For all the press that the "Young Gun" QBs in the league get, the position has taken a major step back across the NFL...starters and backups.

That’s insane. Mullens is light years better than Dobbs. He just threw for over 400 yards. Completing 70% of his passes. 86 QB rating. Offense is scoring in the 2 games he has started. I think we are all spoiled from watching Kirk play every single game for years. This is life when you are playing with a back up QB. Their arms are weaker, they often throw ints or make poor decisions. This is why they are back ups. Have you seen some of the other back ups play this year?? Mullens is one of the better ones for sure 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Pretty important development for the game...

Not really.  He hasn't been playing well when he is in there.  I won't be surprised if they try to trade his fanny this offseason.  He's a really good player when healthy but there must be other issues going on for management to make a move like this.

Gutekunst: “The decision to suspend a player is never easy and not one we take lightly. Unfortunately, Jaire’s actions prior to the game in Carolina led us to take this step. As an organization, we have an expectation that everyone puts the team first. While we are disappointed, we had a good conversation with Jaire this morning and fully expect him to learn from this as we move forward together. We look forward to welcoming him back next week as he is a valued member of this team and will continue to be in the future.”

The referee allowed the Packers to clarify that Alexander meant to say they deferred until the second half, but if Alexander’s statement had been taken literally, the Packers would have had to kick off to start both halves. Alexander apparently went out to midfield for the coin toss without coach Matt LaFleur’s permission and then took the coin toss upon himself, and the Packers want to make clear that kind of thing isn’t going to be tolerated.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/packers-suspend-jaire-alexander-for-sunday-vs-vikings