Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

25 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if he'll look to O'Connell for the offense's playcall or Joe Barry to know exactly what the defense will be doing first lol

It will be interesting to say the least. Not expecting them to play well but you never know when going up against an unknown QB. 

• Like 1

The Vikings (7-8) on Friday ruled out cornerback Byron Murphy, Jr., safety Theo Jackson, receiver Jalen Nailor and defensive lineman Jaquelin Roy for Sunday's game against the Packers (7-8). Murphy is dealing with a knee injury he suffered in Week 15 at Cincinnati, and Nailor remains in concussion protocol, which he entered in Week 14 at Las Vegas. Jackson (toe) and Roy (ankle) were added to the injury report this week.

Minnesota also listed receiver Jordan Addison (ankle), cornerback Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder) and linebacker Troy Dye (wrist) as questionable.

The other players on Minnesota's Week 17 injury report — defensive linemen Harrison Phillips (back) and Sheldon Day (ankle), running back Alexander Mattison (ankle), tackle Brian O'Neill (ankle) and linebacker Ivan Pace, Jr. (shoulder) — did not receive designations and are expected to be available.  

https://www.vikings.com/news/packers-week-17-injury-report?fbclid=IwAR3iyzUKdM3ARWEKiYU07HW0Gyu0dXGBDfAi4jNP8Exa2dM7Xjl6vZWRfPk

Concussion symptoms, and how they manifest fascinate me to some extent. 

On one hand, we have Nailor missing his 3rd consecutive game for a concussion resulting from a play where he was hit in the face mask, which is designed to absorb a ton of energy from an impact, and where he seemed pretty upset that he was being taken off the field. 

While on the other hand we had Osborn take a hit against Atlanta that looked like one of the worst hits we’ve seen in years, along with a scary sight of seeing him down on the ground for a lengthy period of time. Only to see him jumping around and celebrating in the locker room after the game, and practicing during the next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Anthony Barr has signed to Minnesota's active roster ahead of the Vikings Week 17 game against the Packers, the team announced Friday.

The Vikings elevated Barr from the practice squad to the active roster for Week 11 at Denver and Week 12 versus the Bears.

vikings.com

Is he gonna A-Rod, J-Lov?

• Like 2

One of the biggest pieces of the Vikings offense was lost when tight end T.J. Hockenson went down with a multi-ligament knee injury in last week’s loss to the Detroit Lions.  But there’s a chance Josh Oliver could at least fill Hockenson's role as a red-zone target against the Packers. Oliver was signed primarily to be a blocker for the Vikings last spring, but he has shown an ability to catch the football this year as well.

It would be naive to think that Oliver could replace Hockenson, who had 95 catches for 960 yards and five touchdowns prior to his injury. But the Packers have had some issues handling tight ends in the red zone this season, as they've allowed six receiving touchdowns by tight ends this year.

Oliver isn’t likely to have a massive game, but if you’re looking for someone to score a touchdown this weekend, there are worse chips you could place on the table.

https://thevikingage.com/posts/5-minnesota-vikings-predictions-week-17-green-bay-packers/4

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

P.S.: Can't wait for next weekend in Frisco, TX . . . gonna love the daylight and watching the FCS National Championship in person.                                                      GO BIG!  GO BLUE!!  GO JACKS!!!

I'll be at the game too.  I don't have any of your team's gear, but I am going to be rooting for your team.  I hope the weather's nice.  The brisket it great down there. I stop in KC for burnt ends and ribs on the way down.  I hope you enjoy the game.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ArcticNorseman said:

P.S.: Can't wait for next weekend in Frisco, TX . . . gonna love the daylight and watching the FCS National Championship in person.                                                      GO BIG!  GO BLUE!!  GO JACKS!!!

Have fun! I hope the Jackrabbits blow out the Grizzlies. I'll be at the Citrus Bowl to see my Hawkeyes put up 6 points, all of them from safeties. 

• Like 3

Packers at Vikings

The Packers are set to be without LB De’Vondre Campbell (neck), TE Luke Musgrave (kidney), T Luke Tenuta (ankle), WR Christian Watson (hamstring), and RB Emanuel Wilson (shoulder) after listing them as doubtful. CB Robert Rochell (neck), S Darnell Savage (shoulder), DT Tedarrell Slaton (knee, foot), and WR Dontayvion Wicks (chest, ankle) have questionable tags that make them likelier to play.

Vikings WR Jordan Addison (knee) is part of a questionable contingent that also includes CB Mekhi Blackmon (shoulder, illness) and LB Troy Dye (wrist). S Theo Jackson (toe), CB Byron Murphy Jr. (knee), WR Jalen Nailor (concussion), and DT Jaquelin Roy (ankle) will not play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-2023-week-17-injury-report-roundup-jiayir-brown-arik-armstead-out-for-49ers