Week 17: VIKINGS (7-8) vs Packers (7-8)

swede700

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

@Spartacus @vegas492 @KFP7

what are your thoughts on the Pack hiring Mike Zimmer next year as your DC?

he's telling the NFL world he wants to be coaching next year. 

Not my first pick I'm personally still all in on Jim Leonard but I would rather have Wink, Evero, Saleh, or an up and comer out of Baltimore. I wouldn't hate it though. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Ryan Wood@ByRyanWood

Packers now enter their biggest game of the season with playoff implications in the balance needing to cover Justin Jefferson without Jaire Alexander or Eric Stokes on the road in prime time. It’s not ideal.

Addison is playing? If so, we’re looking good at WR so hopefully losing Hockenson will be more manageable. Hopefully Hall rises to the occasion. Expectations are low but it’s a great opportunity for him to beat a rival with the playoffs on the line. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

For some reason, I thought people from Minnesota had a soft spot for NDSU.

Or maybe those from North Dakota are typically Vikings fans and I have it backwards? lol

Man, NDSU fans are terrible. Just straight up delusional. It was fun the first couple of championships, but there is a non-insignificant portion of their fanbase that legitimately thought they'd stand a chance in the SEC or FBS championship game. I love talking about all of their Division II championships. Gets them riled up...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

For some reason, I thought people from Minnesota had a soft spot for NDSU.

Or maybe those from North Dakota are typically Vikings fans and I have it backwards? lol

Most football fans in eastern North Dakota are Vikings fans.  However, half of them are UND fans and therefore see NDSU as their archenemy.

Western ND starts to skew towards being Broncos fans.

A lot of NW Minnesota college football fans cheer for the Bison as they are way closer to Fargo than the teams in the Minneapolis metro. 

NDSU has been such a successful football program in the last 40+ seasons winning multiple division 2 championships before moving to 1AA and winning several more that most people that are not NDSU fans dislike them -- not at all unlike almost all baseball fans that are not Yankee fans dislike the Yankees.  That level of "hate" kind of goes with the territory of being so successful for such a long time.

UND has a great hockey program though. So at least they have something.

In more recent years, SDSU has become a rivalry for NDSU with almost as much emotion as the UND rivalry.  That is owing to UND being in a different conference when the teams moved up to 1AA, but they're back in the same conference again and they have the most recent head-to-head in football.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Most football fans in eastern North Dakota are Vikings fans.  However, half of them are UND fans and therefore see NDSU as their archenemy.

Western ND starts to skew towards being Broncos fans.

A lot of NW Minnesota college football fans cheer for the Bison as they are way closer to Fargo than the teams in the Minneapolis metro. 

NDSU has been such a successful football program in the last 40+ seasons winning multiple division 2 championships before moving to 1AA and winning several more that most people that are not NDSU fans dislike them -- not at all unlike almost all baseball fans that are not Yankee fans dislike the Yankees.  That level of "hate" kind of goes with the territory of being so successful for such a long time.

UND has a great hockey program though. So at least they have something.

In more recent years, SDSU has become a rivalry for NDSU with almost as much emotion as the UND rivalry.  That is owing to UND being in a different conference when the teams moved up to 1AA, but they're back in the same conference again and they have the most recent head-to-head in football.

I also know of a small enclave of Raiders fans in ND. It's so weird. They absolutely hate the Vikings and Broncos. So they opted for...the Raiders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Is his name not Joe Barry? We'll take him then

In all seriousness the Packers clearly have a scouting flaw on the defensive side of the ball.  There's all this talk of 10 first round draft picks etc. etc., but not many blue chip players to show for it.

Jaire seems to have his foot out the door too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Man, NDSU fans are terrible. Just straight up delusional. It was fun the first couple of championships, but there is a non-insignificant portion of their fanbase that...

Objection, your Honor. Doubly negativizing when unnecessary. Significant would suffice.

Sustained. Let's move on.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Don't really see Zimmer as being the DC that LaFleur is going to hire.  I think it's Jim Leonhard's job if he wants it.  He reportedly turned down the Packers' gig last time, which suggests that LaFleur at least offered him it.  If he's not the guy, than I think Evero from Carolina would be the next guy up.  I could also see them going after someone like Al Harris or Marquand Manuel whom both have history with Green Bay.