2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

While Jackson makes sense. What is it with you thinking every player on the street right now is poised for a bounce back year? 

The Jack Jones effect (mostly kidding). 
I see this playing out as a Casey Hayward situation where we're in camp and Telesco says **** our corners don't look great outside of Jones/Hobbs and signing one of the remaining vets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The Jack Jones effect (mostly kidding). 
I see this playing out as a Casey Hayward situation where we're in camp and Telesco says **** our corners don't look great outside of Jones/Hobbs and signing one of the remaining vets.

There are too many good CBs left in FA to just completely ignore the position.  We can easily upgrade our roster with our current cap situation.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jerry said:

There are too many good CBs left in FA to just completely ignore the position.  We can easily upgrade our roster with our current cap situation.

With our cap situation I wouldn’t rule out a trade either tbh if we wanted a longer term option at CB. 

• Like 6

this is how I finish the offseason with the cap space:

• trade a 5th rounder pick for Trey Lance QB 
  • Sign Adoree Jackson 1y 8m 
  • sign Calais Campbell 1y 7m - good mentor to Tyree Wilson
  • sign Carlos Watkins 1y 3m 
  • sign Tanner Muse 1y 1m - special team player and depth piece 

5 I could cut- Alex Bachman, Noah Shannon, Tomari Fox,  Kana'i Mauga, Jaydon Grant 

On 5/29/2024 at 2:40 PM, Dessie said:

With our cap situation I wouldn’t rule out a trade either tbh if we wanted a longer term option at CB. 

I think Jones and Hobbs will get new deals in 2025. Keep that in mind regarding a trade. 

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Jones and Hobbs will get new deals in 2025. Keep that in mind regarding a trade. 

I think that’d be a win for us.  Id be all about trading for a vet CB, resign both Hobbs and Jones (alternative is to sign one of these older vets and look at the draft next year for his replacement).

I’m excited for our young cbs behind those 2,  but would love to have 3 quality guys to role out with confidence each week as the league really is starting to become primarily nickel heavy.  Getting Hobbs back into the slot is really the best thing for our D.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is how I finish the offseason with the cap space:

• trade a 5th rounder pick for Trey Lance QB 
  • Sign Adoree Jackson 1y 8m 
  • sign Calais Campbell 1y 7m - good mentor to Tyree Wilson
  • sign Carlos Watkins 1y 3m 
  • sign Tanner Muse 1y 1m - special team player and depth piece 

5 I could cut- Alex Bachman, Noah Shannon, Tomari Fox,  Kana'i Mauga, Jaydon Grant 

Cowboys traded a 4th for Lance to develop. Why would they now sell him for a 5th?

Tanner Muse..... his career is over. He's never offered anything of value as a ST player. What possible reason could one have in the year 2024 to want to sign this guy?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

We really in here suggesting signing the special teams war daddy?

And trading picks for Trey Lance, apparently. 

A 5th at that. For a guy Dallas traded a 4th for and kept inactive all year while declining his 5th year option , meaning he's a FA at the end of the year. 

Seriously, we may as well call Dallas up and ask if they just wanna take our picks for a bag of stale Doritos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Cowboys traded a 4th for Lance to develop. Why would they now sell him for a 5th?

Tanner Muse..... his career is over. He's never offered anything of value as a ST player. What possible reason could one have in the year 2024 to want to sign this guy?

The same guys hyping up Jimmy in 2023 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

The same guys hyping up Jimmy in 2023 

Nice try, I wasn't a Jimmy guy and that is well documented.

Regardless, at least people had a case for hoping Jimmy G could still play at a high level. Hyping Tanner Muse a bottom of the roster player who's career is likely over is just weird.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Nice try, I wasn't a Jimmy guy and that is well documented.

Regardless, at least people had a case for hoping Jimmy G could still play at a high level. Hyping Tanner Muse a bottom of the roster player who's career is likely over is just weird.

You’re the weirdo you pathetic woman. Any one who don’t agree with you is a name. Women behavior