2024 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

51 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I appreciate all that he did for us and I'm glad he gave us some really good seasons but I'm not going to miss Jacobs.  His cryptic tweets were annoying. 

He was a really good RB for us for 5 good years, but with RBs, he's only going to trend downward in the very near future.  No way would I be have been okay with us paying him top dollar after such a poor season.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Props to Telesco. His experience is paying off early in this process. Getting a premier guy at a key spot. Not over spending on RB. Good move on the Oline with James who is serviceable. Measured approach thus far.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Props to Telesco. His experience is paying off early in this process. Getting a premier guy at a key spot. Not over spending on RB. Good move on the Oline with James who is serviceable. Measured approach thus far.

i think hes done well too. I wanted Josh back, but oh well. Dime a dozen. Would like a vet to share the load with Zeus while he proves he can be the guy. Eckler or Jones would be nice. 

I’m happy with the Minshew signing. Doesn’t change much of anything when it comes to the draft IMO. Maybe allows us to go BPA if they guy we want at QB doesn’t drop but all in all I don’t see any downside in this move. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't even know if we need another. Tyree will play inside and out.

At this point, our biggest needs are: QB (glaring), RG/RT (depending on Elu), CB, RB. Everything else is just sprinkles at this point. 

• Like 2

I'm happy with what we've done. Got exactly what we needed in the middle of our D, a vet qb who might surprise, and kept James (who isn't great against power, but is decent everywhere else) sorry to see Jacob's leave, but not surprised. I wish him well in the arctic north. To be continued....lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't even know if we need another. Tyree will play inside and out.

At this point, our biggest needs are: QB (glaring), RG/RT (depending on Elu), CB, RB. Everything else is just sprinkles at this point. 

Agree on needs. We have very few holes imo. Draft a CB early, add one OL FA and then draft the other OL in rounds 2-4 depending, plus a mid round RB.

Then just need a franchise QB! Which are always easy to find!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 101Raider said:

Dang Elu to Giants for 2 yr 14 mil.  We should've matched that

yea looking at these other contracts id have taken him back at that rate. Good for him to get that check though. 

• Like 1

RB2 to replace Jacobs 

HomeRun RB2s- Aaron Jones, Zach Moss

Vet who could be 1year filler - Zeke, D’Onta Foreman, Kareem Hunt

Injury prone but interesting- JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny 

guys with potential- CEH, AJ Dillion, Damien Harris, Laviska Shenault Jr