Week 18: San Francisco 49ers vs Los Angeles Rams

I guess the thinking is its better to completely rest than play the starters at half speed even for a little bit 

Barrows said in his latest mailbag on The Athletic that when the 49ers had their bye in 2019, they practiced on Wednesday & Thursday, and the Thursday practice was demanding. I guess thats one way to manage rest and not losing focus

I'd guess none of the starters see any playing time unless the backups suffer injuries. 

Aside from wanting to see the youngsters/vets i outlined on page 1, i also wouldn't mind if this game comes down to a GW FG by Moody. Still won't match the pressure of the Browns game, let alone the playoffs, but would be nice to see him back in that spot and perform better

Edited by 49ersfan

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'd guess none of the starters see any playing time unless the backups suffer injuries

We only have so many Oline on the roster. Think only some starters get rest aka Trent, Kittle, Purdy, maybe Aiyuk, and Deebo. Defense Bosa, Hargrave, Warner, Mooney and Arik of course lol.

Edited by 49erurtaza

10 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I get Steve's point, but I'd rather the "rust" scenario occur than Purdy get hurt in the final game. Purdy has had that shoulder stinger issue also. 

Two weeks off isn't a big deal. 

He won't take the bulk of the practice snaps this week because Darnold will be starting but he'll have plenty of reps leading up to the divisional round game.

It's not like he's coming back from a month off with no live action in four-five weeks.

Much ado about nothing, imo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I get Steve's point, but I'd rather the "rust" scenario occur than Purdy get hurt in the final game. Purdy has had that shoulder stinger issue also. 

This is the biggest thing for me - his shoulder stinger. I've noticed that he hasn't been as crisp with his accuracy over the past couple of weeks and I'm wondering if the stinger in the left shoulder is messing up his mechanics or something. He just seems a little off and I think these two weeks off are going do him wonders. 

• Like 3

There are like 4 or 5 fullbacks in the league probably, and Juice is most likely the biggest "household" name at that spot now. Regardless, great for him. 

Funny, his PFF grade overall has decreased every year the last few years. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Man if y'all don't rest more guys this is going to be a massacre

I mean we will be resting damn near all our starters as well. They may start and play a series or two, but that will be it for most of them. 

This is just going to be a preseason type of game with two veteran QBs that have started a bunch of games....They just both suck so the game can go either way lol. 

• Like 2