BDL Discussion Thread 2024

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Biggest -'s for each round of the BDL Draft. Predictions.

1.8    Berlin Blitzkrieg    Terrion Arnold    CB    Alabama

2.6    Akureyri Huldufolk    Adonai Mitchell    WR    Texas

3.6    Cancun Kaiju    Jonathon Brooks    RB    Texas

4.3    Las Vegas Bangers    Jaylen Wright    RB    Tennessee

5.7    Akureyri Huldufolk    Ja'Tavion Sanders    TE    Texas

6.8    Akureyri Huldufolk    Zak Zinter    OG    Michigan

7.9    Svalbard Miners    Luke McCaffrey    WR    Rice

I think Terrion ends up being a -6 to -10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think the CB’s slide later in the real draft than they did in BDL. I think QB’s and OL will go earlier 

I took Terrion at 8, so I think 14 to 18 is reasonable.  I'll be surprised if he slides to the 20s.

Although, I am the guy who was surprised Darnell fell to the 3rd...so what do I know?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I took Terrion at 8, so I think 14 to 18 is reasonable.  I'll be surprised if he slides to the 20s.

I'd be surprised too, but I do expect to see Quinyon picked over him, so it'll depend on when the 1st CB goes. I also don't have a great handle on where DeJean slots in. His projections seem to be all over the place. 

• Like 1

Akureyri Hunderfinks

Favorite Pick:

4.8 Michael Hall Jr INT OSU 

I think Hall is underrated and I had him as a top 40 prospect so for RG to land him at 56 I think is good value. He is young and explosive but also has more than ideal arm length in the interior. He needs development but I love the potential and this a bit different of a type of interior Dline pick for this owner. Fun fit with all the bulk they have inside.

Least Favorite Pick:

7.8 Ty’Ron Hopper LB Mizzou

It won’t be a pattern of hating on 7th round picks throughout this exercise but I just really felt there were plenty of talented players left RG could have picked to help out his team at this point. Feels like a fun Hail Mary pick and I can’t hate it too much but think he could have done better here.

Player I am higher on than the consensus:

2.6 AD Mitchell WR Texas

I had him 11th on my board shhhh

Player I am lower on than the consensus:

6.7 Brandon Coleman OL TCU

He wasn’t on my board. But more of a lack of scouting him really until like day two of our draft but didn’t feel strong enough to add him to the board.

@RedGold

• Like 8

Berlin Blitzkoalas

Favorite Pick:

3.14 Cooper Beebe OG KSU

I really like what Beebe brings to the Berlin interior oline. He can be a plug and play starter for 10 years at RG. 35th on my board. 

Least Favorite Pick:

7.2 Theo Johnson TE PSU

Well it looks like a pattern… if this is the least favorite pick you know I liked their draft. I just don’t have Theo as high as others but honestly this is pretty good value. He has the size and straight line speed but I just don’t see a player that will be better than a TE2 on film but in the 7th that’s really not a bad investment.

5.3 Sedrick Van Pran Granger OC UGA

He is 49th on my board and believe he can be a good starter in the league

Player I am lower on than most:

7.2 Theo Johnson TE PSU

I want to keep this different than least favorite pick but again no one else really stood out to me in their class 

@Ragnarok

• Like 7

Cancun Kilowatts 

Favorite Pick:

2.4 Jackson Powers Johnson C Oregon

Those that spoke pre draft with me knew I loved JPJ. I had him 22nd on my board. Really like the versatility inside for Cancun. I know some made comments about center only but I see him as a possible guard as well with his size and experience there. I don’t see him busting and think he will be one of those 10 plus year starters inside.

Least Favorite Pick:

4.15 Maason Smith INT LSU

I think this is worth the upside gamble at this range but I just wasn’t a fan of the tape. Inconsistent and never took over games like I expected he would with the hype coming into the year. There’s a chance he continues to develop with better coaching at the next level. Not that it matters in the evaluation but really weird 8.5” hands for the size of the human.

7.4 Mohamed Kamara Edge CSU

He is older as a prospect but he is such a bull and I had him as the 69th player on my board. I liked Blue’s Shaq Barrett comparison and they also hail from the same college. I think he can be someone who brings a nice pass rush rotation early.

5.13 Khyree Jackson CB Oregon

And I say this because I knew a couple people who were pretty high on Jackson. I like the game but he is an older prospect which is ironic because I had Kamara up at 69 but I just don’t care for older off ball players other than QBs. I think he could provide some early contributions though and that’s what you should expect from a late 5th in BDL

@Blue

@MWil23

• Like 7

Cuba Snuggies

Favorite Pick:

5.14 Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson 

I am a Trotter fan. I think he’s a modern linebacker with nfl bloodlines who can be a starter and impact level player at the second level 

Least Favorite Pick:

7.14 Jacob Cowing WR Arizona

I have receivers more highly ranked that were still available. I see the potential but I am just not big on the tiny guys. Frogs may drop the Tank Dell thing but I see two players that aren’t similar outside to size. 

5.14 Jeremiah Trotter LB Clemson

Limited class means I have to come back to repeat selections here. I had Trotter at 59 overall. 

7.10 Jarrian Jones CB FSU

I didn’t have Jones ranked on my board but again my board wasn’t very big this year. I didn’t do much film dive on this player and I trust Frogs on his own guys but I just didn’t have him ranked. 

@MD4L

• Like 6

Cwmfelinfach Pungent Pandas

Favorite Pick:

2.12 Ladd McConkey WR UGA

Homer selection here, it’s he or Alt but McConkey is my guy. This is even higher than I had him on my board (34) but I like the fit with the Hill and Higgins duo. I also think he probably lands in an ideal situation that allows for him to contribute sooner rather than later.

Least Favorite Pick:

4.14 Xavier Legette WR South Carolina

The value is good for where he was picked based on consensus but I am just not a big fan. Jonathan Mingo is what I see but he could have a higher ceiling. Just doesn’t tickle my fancy.

N/A they literally took every player higher than I had them ranked. But based on consensus things I’ve heard I guess Ladd fits here. But many were close in value. 

4.5 Mike Sainristil CB Michigan  

I know plenty who loved this player and were planning on picking him near this range. I like him just didn’t love him. 

@TL-TwoWinsAway

• Like 6

12 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd be surprised too, but I do expect to see Quinyon picked over him, so it'll depend on when the 1st CB goes. I also don't have a great handle on where DeJean slots in. His projections seem to be all over the place. 

Every packers draft that i see seems to have dejean going down to them at 25

Greenland Parsley Beets

Favorite Pick: 7.15 Calen Bullock S USC

True center fielder type who does need to clean up his tackling but has ability to play single high in coverage and make plays on the ball. The value here at pick 111 overall plus need make this my favorite pick for Greenland.

Least Favorite Pick: 2.1 JJ McCarthy QB Michigan 

I can’t really knock the two QB approach and when it comes to actual draft slot this is a value. But this isn’t Daniels and Maye this is a team that took Caleb first over all and I think pick 2.1 could have been used to build the team more in other areas but it is a smart investment if McCarthy pans out for the future but probably would have gone in a different direction myself.

Player I had higher than the consensus:

7.15 Calen Bullock S USC 

I had to include him again because he was my biggest plus for Pickle off of my board. I had him 58.

Player I had lower than the consensus:

6.1 Beaux Limmer C Arkansas 

Limmer had some good testing and some solid wins at the senior bowl combined with some overpowering losses. I think his game needs more refinement for a player who has played so much and he’s not a player I would have had near 81 overall. Feels like a need filling pick based on Ryan Kelly not being signed yet. He does have some guard flexibility as he has experience there. 

@Pickle Rick

• Like 5