Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It's all about playoff experience.  It's a building block for next year.

Nah screw you guys it's all about winning a Superbowl.  We are in the dance let's make a run.  A lot of you guys are preparing yourselves for a loss with all these comments.  Again reminds me a lot of 2010.  It's been an up and down regular season but the Pack is getting hot at the right time.  I'm not conceding anything.  San Fran is not infallible either.  Just re-watching the Bears game man Walker is all over the field.  Nice to have that speed at ILB...

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If I hear house money one more time I swear.   The Packers are playing some really good ball.  Fully expect them to give Dallas all they can handle.  Not going to predict a win but wouldn't bet against the Pack either.  Won't shock me one bit if they go down there and beat them.   Now if they knock of San Francisco well then I'll be shocked.  Just watching this team reminds me a lot of 2010.  They are getting hot at the right time and have the look of a champion.  Not sayin' but just sayin'.  Packers are playing as well as any team in the NFC right now.  Anything can happen.  They may be young but they aren't playing that way.  

My hope is that Love goes to Big D in the spotlight, and slings it all over the yard.  Love is smoking a big cigar, doing interviews after the game and Jerry Jones is fuming at another post season failure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

what was said was not factually incorrect.   so you didn't like that stance on how Dallas has beaten up some bad teams in 2023.  here is the point differential vs teams finishing with winning/losing record.  Cumulative total of -10 vs winning record and 204 vs losing record.   CONTEXT on the point differential for Dallas

2023 2023
Differential vs Differential vs
winning record losing record
-10 204

What are these numbers even suppose to represent? They aren't labeled as anything lol. As far as point differential against winning teams in general goes, though.. obviously that is going to be heavily swayed by their two worst games of the season. 10-42 early in the season against the 49ers with an offense that was still finding itself with a new coordinator/ play caller/ scheme change. 10-31 against a Bills team that had their backs against the wall. That's a total of 20-73 just in those two games.. with both of those being on the road. Keep in mind that Dallas will be at home vs GB, where they haven't lost since week one of the 2022 season. You might as well cherry pick a team's worst look of the season and use that to define them if we're going to illogically roll with point differential splits here. You say you're looking at context, but you really aren't. A team shouldn't be solely defined by their two worst performances of the season out of a 17 game sample size.. especially since one of those performances was early while the team was figuring out a scheme change and then clearly figured it out after their bye -- pretty sure they were the leader for PPG following their bye till the end of the season. 

I mean, if you're going to put so much stock into one or two games from the regular season, you might as well look back at how the Packers barely survived the worst team in the league on Christmas Eve.. after losing to the Bucs by multiple scores the week prior.. and you might as well look at how they barely survived the woeful NYG (a team Dallas trounced twice) by two points the week before that. Even their last contest against Chicago was extremely mediocre at best. If you're going to try and dismiss Dallas or bring them down a notch based on 1-2 performances out of a 17 game sample size at least consider a little more context for GB. No team gets put under the microscope like Dallas does.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Dallas is tough to beat at home, that’s a fact recently.  Neutralize Lamb (or limit his production - no small feat), pressure Dak, run straight at Parsons, we have ourselves a fun game!  Well, and also play solid defense and specials.

Stoked this team made it this far.  Would love to see it continue but I won’t cry in my wee pillow if it does not.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

What are these numbers even suppose to represent? They aren't labeled as anything lol. As far as point differential against winning teams in general goes, though.. obviously that is going to be heavily swayed by their two worst games of the season. 10-42 early in the season against the 49ers with an offense that was still finding itself with a new coordinator/ play caller/ scheme change. 10-31 against a Bills team that had their backs against the wall. That's a total of 20-73 just in those two games.. with both of those being on the road. Keep in mind that Dallas will be at home vs GB, where they haven't lost since week one of the 2022 season. You might as well cherry pick a team's worst look of the season and use that to define them if we're going to illogically roll with point differential splits here. You say you're looking at context, but you really aren't. A team shouldn't be solely defined by their two worst performances of the season out of a 17 game sample size.. especially since one of those performances was early while the team was figuring out a scheme change and then clearly figured it out after their bye -- pretty sure they were the leader for PPG following their bye till the end of the season. 

I mean, if you're going to put so much stock into one or two games from the regular season, you might as well look back at how the Packers barely survived the worst team in the league on Christmas Eve.. after losing to the Bucs by multiple scores the week prior.. and you might as well look at how they barely survived the woeful NYG (a team Dallas trounced twice) by two points the week before that. Even their last contest against Chicago was extremely mediocre at best. If you're going to try and dismiss Dallas or bring them down a notch based on 1-2 performances out of a 17 game sample size at least consider a little more context for GB. No team gets put under the microscope like Dallas does.

Hey Fly Zone aren't you the Jets leverage guy?  Ah yes do believe you are.  Hey Dallas is good but the Packers are better.  Packers are going to beat Dallas at home.  Now go back to your Jets forum and decide who you are going to draft.  We've got the youngest and hottest team in the NFL.  Looks like we have our franchise QB for the next decade as well.  Good luck next year maybe we'll see you in the Superbowl. 

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Dallas is tough to beat at home, that’s a fact recently.  Neutralize Lamb (or limit his production - no small feat), pressure Dak, run straight at Parsons, we have ourselves a fun game!  Well, and also play solid defense and specials.

Stoked this team made it this far.  Would love to see it continue but I won’t cry in my wee pillow if it does not.

I will cry in my wee pillow if we lose.  Like don't even talk to me for a week.  It's that way anytime our season ends.  Unless of course we win it all.   But yah what you laid out is the winning formula.  Add in a turnover or two and we should take em.  Go Pack Go!!!

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

My hope is that Love goes to Big D in the spotlight, and slings it all over the yard.  Love is smoking a big cigar, doing interviews after the game and Jerry Jones is fuming at another post season failure.

Yep and Dak folds like a cheap suit.  It's what he does.  Packers are Dallas kryptonite.  I do like McCarthy.  It will be a shame if Jones cans him after they lose.  Yah I'm going to talk some smack.  Screw it.  

29 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Hey Fly Zone aren't you the Jets leverage guy?  Ah yes do believe you are.  Hey Dallas is good but the Packers are better.  Packers are going to beat Dallas at home.  Now go back to your Jets forum and decide who you are going to draft.  We've got the youngest and hottest team in the NFL.  Looks like we have our franchise QB for the next decade as well.  Good luck next year maybe we'll see you in the Superbowl. 

No idea who you’re talking about.. so I guess you’re simply wrong on (nearly) all accounts here. I don’t think there is really anything to support the idea that GB is the better team. I do understand your optimism as a fan, though.

Edited by NoFlyZone

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. They can only play who is on their schedule, and for some reason people want to use it as criticism despite the fact that they’ve more than taken care of business. It’s not like they’re just getting by - Dallas is obviously one of the better teams in the league.. and conversely, GB barely slipped into the playoffs. It’s not impossible for the Packers to win, but it would definitely be a major upset. 

you wanted talk about Dal point differential

5 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

the numbers are the point differential for Dal games each week.  I redid the table below to help you out.  sorry for making an assumption that a fan of Dallas would be able to figure out the numbers connected to games.    I am not putting stock into any specific game, but the whole 17 games, hence why I listed them all

why are you now shifting to focus on GB?  you wanted talk about Dallas' point differential.  Does it get tiring moving the goalposts so often??

2023 2023
total -10 204
NYG   40
NYJ   20
ARI   -12
NE   35
SF -32  
LAC   3
LAR 23  
PHI -5  
NYG   32
CAR   23
WAS   35
SEA 6  
PHI 20  
BUF -21  
MIA -2  
DET 1  
WAS   28
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

No idea who you’re talking about.. so I guess you’re simply wrong on (nearly) all accounts here. I don’t think there is really anything to support the idea that GB is the better team. I do understand your optimism as a fan, though.

My bad might have mixed you up with Jetfuel...guess you are a Cowboys fan.  That's OK really don't hate the Cowboys.  Maybe in the 90's but that's a distant memory.  They also have hot cheerleaders which I have always appreciated.  Huge McCarthy guy always have loyalty to him.  Nah not wrong Packers are hot and Dak has a penchant for choking in big games.  Packers have a good shot at knocking the Cowboy's off.  Should be a fun game.  Packers are young and don't know they are not supposed to win.  Makes em dangerous.  Of course I'm optimistic gotta be.  

They move Parsons early and often.  I expect to see a lot of him over center and RG.  

It's easy to say we can throw on them, and the matchup there is good.  But blocking Parsons is very tough.  And tougher when you have two weak links side by side.

Dak is going to kill our zone.  I mean destroy it.  Joe Barry needs to find a way to disguise our zones and then pick his spots to be aggressive.  

I'd feel better about our secondary versus their passing game if I knew that JA would shadow Lamb.

I view this game like I view the Vikings, with Kirk Cousins and at their place.  Except they (Dallas) have that premier pass rusher that moves around.

It'll be fun.  Pressure is all on them.  Let's see how they respond.  I have little doubt that we will be ready and hyped to play playoff football.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

what was said was not factually incorrect.   so you didn't like that stance on how Dallas has beaten up some bad teams in 2023.  here is the point differential vs teams finishing with winning/losing record.  Cumulative total of -10 vs winning record and 204 vs losing record.   CONTEXT on the point differential for Dallas

2023 2023
-10 204

I don't know if he's capable of understanding the difference between SOS and SOV, but I appreciate you trying to show him lol

• Like 2

I don’t think there is really anything to support the idea that GB is the better team.

It's always interesting when fans of one team enter a thread of another team looking for assurance their team is the better team and should win the game. Everyone knows the Cowboys are supposed to win the game, if they didn't know when the game was determined by Sunday's results, they understood it when Vagas made the Cowboys a 7.5-point favorite Sunday night.

You are looking for Packer fans to agree with you on why they should lose, but that is not how achievers in this world think. Achievers think about how they can do something, not how they can't do something. How they can win, not how they can lose. 

Now there are plenty of mental midgets here that have been emotionally hedging with this team since the Rodgers trade but most of those people are holed up in their safe places now over concerns their heads may explode over what has happened and what still could happen. The Packers team is made up of achievers and are only thinking about winning. It is why when they found themselves at 2-5 on the season that they kept grinding. It is why when they needed to win their last 3 games to get in, they kept grinding. See the Packers are already in playoff mode and have been for 3 weeks now and that means something. 

Who wins on Sunday is yet to be determined, but the Packers have a chance because they believe they can. That locker room has found their leader, a guy that has done things Farve and Rodgers didn't do as a first-year starter. He made the playoffs in his first season as a starter, he won the play in game that Rodgers sh*t the bed attempting to do a season ago. Now he will attempt to go to Dallas a win his first playoff game, the same city where Favre had his first playoff lose. Just maybe Love achieves one more thing that the greats before him did not do. Maybe.     

• Like 8

1 minute ago, R T said:

It's always interesting when fans of one team enter a thread of another team looking for assurance their team is the better team and should win the game. Everyone knows the Cowboys are supposed to win the game, if they didn't know when the game was determined by Sunday's results, they understood it when Vagas made the Cowboys a 7.5-point favorite Sunday night.

You are looking for Packer fans to agree with you on why they should lose, but that is not how achievers in this world think. Achievers think about how they can do something, not how they can't do something. How they can win, not how they can lose. 

Now there are plenty of mental midgets here that have been emotionally hedging with this team since the Rodgers trade but most of those people are holed up in their safe places now over concerns their heads may explode over what has happened and what still could happen. The Packers team is made up of achievers and are only thinking about winning. It is why when they found themselves at 2-5 on the season that they kept grinding. It is why when they needed to win their last 3 games to get in, they kept grinding. See the Packers are already in playoff mode and have been for 3 weeks now and that means something. 

Who wins on Sunday is yet to be determined, but the Packers have a chance because they believe they can. That locker room has found their leader, a guy that has done things Farve and Rodgers didn't do as a first-year starter. He made the playoffs in his first season as a starter, he won the play in game that Rodgers sh*t the bed attempting to do a season ago. Now he will attempt to go to Dallas a win his first playoff game, the same city where Favre had his first playoff lose. Just maybe Love achieves one more thing that the greats before him did not do. Maybe.     

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ygc4sgvna652qzn6eh

• Like 2