Devin Hester Announces Retirement

AFlaccoSeagulls

Great career. Definitely the GOAT returner for me. Honestly, he was so good at it, that I don't think I'd mind if he got into the hall of fame. If you're going to have Punters and Kickers in there, I am not going to complain over having the guy who was pretty easily the greatest return man who has played. I can understand the impetus for enshrining him, just as I can understand it from the other perspective. 

9 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The GOAT returner. Is there anybody else even in the conversation? Maybe Dante Hall?

Gale Sayers? 

Honestly though, I don't think that there's a legit real conversation that can be had for anyone as GOAT besides Hester. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The idea of Devin Hester in the HOF never honestly crossed my mind.

I can't be alone in this...

It didn't for me - but when I think of his place among return men in league history, I'm willing to think he deserves it.

Not a first ballot guy by any means, but he's due a spot.

18 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The GOAT returner. Is there anybody else even in the conversation? Maybe Dante Hall?

Deion, perhaps? I don't know. 

Hester is #1, just wondering how big the gap is between him and #2.

19 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Desmond Howard had a record setting year in 1996 with 3 PR TDs in the regular season, 1 PR TD in playoffs and 1 KR TD in the Super Bowl

But he didn't do it for years like Hester and others did

Archived