2024 Offseason Free Agency

swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Because Darnold, Lock, and Brissett have done so much winning in their careers. 

None of these veteran QBs that the will be able to afford are any better than Mullens. Mullens knows the offense, has shown that he has a solid chemistry with JJ, Addison, etc,

This is an interesting comment, as I saw receivers appear frustrated when Mullens couldn't get the ball to them.

I have no desire to ever see Mullens behind center for the Vikings again.  If the Vikings couldn't get Minshew on a reasonable contract,  I would try Brisset. My only worry about him as a bridge QB is his injury history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

This is an interesting comment, as I saw receivers appear frustrated when Mullens couldn't get the ball to them.

I never saw this. And the fact that he threw for over 1,300 yards in the equivalent of three and a half games tells me that he was haven’t trouble finding open receivers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I don’t think Winfield is a good use of resources. We have Bynum. We have Metellus. We have very, very little in front of them. 

Agreed. The idea they have a great defense seems odd too, without woonum and Hunter....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I have no desire to ever see Mullens behind center for the Vikings again.  If the Vikings couldn't get Minshew on a reasonable contract,  I would try Brisset. My only worry about him as a bridge QB is his injury history. 

Dobbs and Mullins is like to move off of immediately. 

Winfield would not be a great use of resources on the surface but there is some scenarios where it does make sense if Smith retires or doesn't restructure. 

How much 3 safety did Flo play laster year, Winfield would add so much versatility to the scheme. He can also play slot effectively, creating more versatility among the DB group.

If the cap and restructures go the way we suspect, I could very easily see the Vikings in on Winfield. If Cousins doesn't return, even more so.

• Like 1

Windfield is definitely a very good talent. While I agree there are better use of resources especially on the front 4 DL, who knows if we’ll be able to get any “great DL options”. Then Windfield might be a fair/good options, because of the talent. 

• Like 1

Winfield as the nickel corner and moving on from Murphy could be ok but I'd rather spend that money on the d-line or edge rusher.  I have no idea if they could move on from Murphy but I don't really see him as a full-time outside corner.  I think they'll be fine at safety with mettelus and Bynum with one of ward, Jackson, or Cine being ready to get some playing time

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The impact of losing Murphy halfway through the Cincinnati game should tell you all that you need to know about his impact. 

They absolutely should not be thinking about moving on from him. 

I would only think about doing that if they brought Winfield in