Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

Us breaking the 2011 Giants' record for worst regular season winning percentage by a Super Bowl champion would be poetic justice given we were one of their victims that season, a situation I blame entirely on seeding priority for division winners, as without that, the Giants likely would have lost at New Orleans in the wild card round as they did earlier in 2011 on MNF by 25 points, while we would have gotten a dome team in the divisional round (either the Lions or the Falcons), a win-win since dome teams usually play poorly in the cold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eternal said:

Can we get a win against the 49ers again, please?

I’m going to talk myself into by the end of the week. I don’t really believe now, but I bet I will in a few days.

If we lose, it’ll be on the defense, I’m convinced. This offense isn’t shrinking. They’re not going to piss down their leg when they see Bosa. Love is just so cool. He’ll utilize all levels of the fields. And the receivers are just so quick. Our offense looks a hell of a lot like San Francisco’s lately, absolutely.

Love is a better QB than Purdy. So why not us? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Maybe

So far the story has been ...

LaFleur wins big when we play blue and silver (DAL) or blue and gold (LAR) in the playoffs

But we always play bad against red and silver (TB) or red and gold (SF)

Wonder what would happen if he was given color switching glasses that turned red to blue when he puts them on?

WTF is this?

Just now, Isherwood said:

I’m going to talk myself into by the end of the week. I don’t really believe now, but I bet I will in a few days.

If we lose, it’ll be on the defense, I’m convinced. This offense isn’t shrinking. They’re not going to piss down their leg when they see Bosa. Love is just so cool. He’ll utilize all levels of the fields. And the receivers are just so quick. Our offense looks a hell of a lot like San Francisco’s lately, absolutely.

Love is a better QB than Purdy. So why not us? 

I had a good feeling against Dallas. I don't against the 49ers. I hope I can believe as well by Saturday. If GB beats the 49ers, I will be completely shocked. I have a feeling we will need a very bad game from Purdy. He's like the anti - Joe Barry QB. He's not that great, but has great weapons around him. He is however a great QB for that offense as a whole, just not as an individual part.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not saying I expect it to happen, but if GB carves up the SF defense anything like what happened vs DAL, the future is VERY bright.

Game will be played in the trenches.  If the Packers can take a punch in the mouth, and respond, they have a shot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eternal said:

I had a good feeling against Dallas. I don't against the 49ers. I hope I can believe as well by Saturday. If GB beats the 49ers, I will be completely shocked. I have a feeling we will need a very bad game from Purdy. He's like the anti - Joe Barry QB. He's not that great, but has great weapons around him. He is however a great QB for that offense as a whole, just not as an individual part.

Yeah, Barry definitely needs to dial up extra pressures on Saturday. Those plays where Dak had all day to throw in the second half? Purdy will eat that alive every time. Gotta get him off the spot. Then he’s Mr. Irrelevant 

Just now, Eternal said:

I have a similar take, but I feel like I no longer have a handle on how good the GB offense can be.  They are way (WAY!) better than I thought they would be at this point.

It's kind of a given to me that GB won't have an answer for the number of legit weapons SF has on offense.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Game will be played in the trenches.  If the Packers can take a punch in the mouth, and respond, they have a shot.

I'm shocked how well our offensive line is holding up. Walker seems to have really turned it around. I think playing together for awhile now has helped tremendously.

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have a similar take, but I feel like I no longer have a handle on how good the GB offense can be.  They are way (WAY!) better than I thought they would be at this point.

It's kind of a given to me that GB won't have an answer for the number of legit weapons SF has on offense.

I still can't convince myself we have good WRs. I still view majority of them as "jags". They don't feel like what we had in 2010, but they are performing admirably.

Edited by Eternal

SF will love to run vs us, need a very different style of play.

Should be a fun matchup if we can force them to pass at all.  Purdy isn't that protective of the ball, you can get him to turn it over.  But if he can play on script and ahead of the sticks, that's the best offense in the NFL.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Knockoff pf9 post

No just a half joke rooted in superstition with the opponents colors

7 minutes ago, Eternal said:

I'm shocked how well our offensive line is holding up. Walker seems to have really turned it around. I think playing together for awhile now has helped tremendously.

Yeah they been the unsung heroes and did great today vs Lawrence and Parsons.  Always a different animal going up against Bosa, Armstead and now Chase Young.  Good thing is Love seems to be a bit better at getting the ball out when he needs to, something Rodgers never did well against these guys.

• Like 1