Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The 2021 blocked punt game is the only time MLF has faced SF in the playoffs, and both teams have changed a lot since then.

Wasn't he the coach when they ran the ball down our throats for close to 300 yards. We couldn't stop Mostert. 

33 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I hope not!!! I like that MLF is forced to give Jones over 20 carries a game and give him a little rest with no name RBs. If Dillion is in Jones will lose snaps and while Dillon will run hard he won't break away like Jones does and keep the defence scared. 

Jones had to get spelled for wilson multiple times. Need for rest is important to stay explosive. 

Dillon is definitely a plus over wilson and taylor. Especially in pass pro and receiving. 

Jones will get his 20 to 25 touches.

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Wasn't he the coach when they ran the ball down our throats for close to 300 yards. We couldn't stop Mostert. 

Yeah, Jimmy G threw like 3 passes and we got obliterated. That was the game that  sealed Pettine’s exit and brought in Barry who had been in LA trying to figure out how to stop Shanahan’s offense for a while. 

One massive factor will be this will be Musgrave's 3rd week back and Watson's 2nd back. Both should be significantly better and more consistent this week. With Kraft coming on while Musgrave was injured, the 2 TE sets the Packers can run are an X factor. It creates mismatches all over the field.

• Like 1

Mini rant: I hate when people are overly conservative and think it’s smart ( non political talk ).

Silverstein for example emphatically said he’d be shocked if we won yesterday. And he’s always like that. It makes zero sense why people view being cautious /conservative as being smart. 

This week we have SF. And they’re a good favorite. We are 100% a live dog. there are many ways we can win this game. 

1. if our offensive line plays like they did yesterday, our offense will score points to be competitive. Their secondary isn’t that good, and we’re on fire. 

2. Brock Purdy is not a good QB. Idc if he throws to an open CMC /Kittle/Deebo and they take it to the house. If we put pressure on him, he will give us opportunities for a Turnover. We just gotta take advantage . 

3. we just gotta tackle. No quick strikes. Keep things in front of you and tackle .

Im in on GB +10 very large. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Mini rant: I hate when people are overly conservative and think it’s smart ( non political talk ).

Silverstein for example emphatically said he’d be shocked if we won yesterday. And he’s always like that. It makes zero sense why people view being cautious /conservative as being smart. 

This week we have SF. And they’re a good favorite. We are 100% a live dog. there are many ways we can win this game. 

1. if our offensive line plays like they did yesterday, our offense will score points to be competitive. Their secondary isn’t that good, and we’re on fire. 

2. Brock Purdy is not a good QB. Idc if he throws to an open CMC /Kittle/Deebo and they take it to the house. If we put pressure on him, he will give us opportunities for a Turnover. We just gotta take advantage . 

3. we just gotta tackle. No quick strikes. Keep things in front of you and tackle .

Im in on GB +10 very large. 

It’s like Jason Wilde’s 6-11 offseason prediction that he trumpeted probably over 100 times over the summer as “not pessimistic, but realistic” - why is that “realistic”? It didn’t turn out to be right…at all!! Why do you get to call it “realism”?

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yeah, Jimmy G threw like 3 passes and we got obliterated. That was the game that  sealed Pettine’s exit and brought in Barry who had been in LA trying to figure out how to stop Shanahan’s offense for a while. 

That was the 2019 season and Pettine returned and coached the 2020 season. Barry has coached in 2 playoff games for the Packers, the 13-10 lose to the 49ers and yesterday's game. Both game he had an excellent gameplan for the opponent.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

It’s like Jason Wilde’s 6-11 offseason prediction that he trumpeted probably over 100 times over the summer as “not pessimistic, but realistic” - why is that “realistic”? It didn’t turn out to be right…at all!! Why do you get to call it “realism”?

Right. And despite him being dead wrong , it still wouldn’t look bad to many people. He’s just being ‘cautious ‘

However, if someone had us winning 12 games and we won like 7-8 people would find it laughable . 

it just bothers me a lot lol.

Anyways, we for sure have a chance to win this game. Don’t let anyone tell you different . Live dogs

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yep, you are right.  MLF took over a year earlier than I thought he did.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep, you are right.  MLF took over a year earlier than I thought he did.

and this is the reason the 9ers are so much tougher matchup for GB than Dallas.  Our true weakness is, and has been for 12 years stopping the run consistently.

It's crazy... I had hoped maybe GB could have had a game like the Rams vs the Lions, punch and counterpunch, win or lose, just in it until the end. I didn't see a beat down coming at all.

Fast forward, that's my hope for this week. If GB can punch back and make it a game, I'm absolutely thrilled with this season. The only thing that could spoil this season as feeling like an absolute win would be for them to not show up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toddfather said:

Something tells me Jones will still get those carries. We have nothing to lose and you know MLF would LOVE (tee hee) to send Mr. Tampering himself, Shanahan home...

Yeah .. both of these coaches will be looking to embarrass one another.  We owe Shanny.  LaFleur probably feels more freedom than he ever has had in GB now that Rodgers is gone.  Time to really open up that bag.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, R T said:

That was the 2019 season and Pettine returned and coached the 2020 season. Barry has coached in 2 playoff games for the Packers, the 13-10 lose to the 49ers and yesterday's game. Both game he had an excellent gameplan for the opponent.  

My bigger concern about the defense this week is that because of the way that game got extended yesterday, we had some guys who played upwards of 80-90 snaps on defense.

Now you're going West Coast on short week against a physical offense. Going to need to kick it into overdrive. 

• Like 2