Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

SF gets a week of rest.  GB is coming off a road game and then travels west on short rest.  Those are not easy to overcome.

Going to be a tough test vs a dam good team.  SF had issues in protection un their losses.  Williams was out during the mid-season 3 game losin streak, then the Baltimore d got pressure inside and got Purdy rattled.  GB DL needs to play a monster game.

Green Bay has been playing football since Christmas Eve, San Francisco hasn't played a relevant game in a month.

Sometimes this is irrelevant and the #1 seed flips the switch immediately and kicks ***, sometimes they're sloppy and take some time to find a rhythm. We'll see Saturday what it is.

• Like 1

The Packers need to lose to the 49ers so they can get a better draft slot. 

Am I doing this right? 

By the way what ever happened to all the people hoping the Packers would lose every week.  

Just now, R T said:

The Packers need to lose to the 49ers so they can get a better draft slot. 

Am I doing this right? 

By the way what ever happened to all the people hoping the Packers would lose every week.  

I changed my tank avatar weeks ago.  Leave me alone.

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I changed my tank avatar weeks ago.  Leave me alone.

When GB was at the #5 pick and had laid a couple eggs against some really bad teams because of their defense....I was all in with them looking good on offense but ultimately losing because of their defense - which I considered irredeemable.

This is the best shot MLF has at beating San Francisco in the playoffs. He will not be burdened with Aaron Rodgers limitations running his offense. The whole playbook will be open to him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is the best shot MLF has at beating San Francisco in the playoffs. He will not be burdened with Aaron Rodgers limitations running his offense. The whole playbook will be open to him. 

The last offensive drive the Packers had reminded me of Rodgers in the MLF offense in a nutshell, trying to force it to Adams deep in our last playoff mishap against the 49ers.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This game vs SF is where we need Gary to earn that new contract.  We'll need to get steady pressure on Purdy with 4, while sending the occasional extra pressure.

I like Gary, but he isn't going to take over a game like that too often.  He is wildly up and down concerning sacks.  Now he's getting chipped and doubled some.

Let Gary just be Gary.  Preston is the one that can eat 1:1 when they devote extra stuff to Gary.  Wyatt, Brooks too.

An individual is not going to wreck that San Fran offense.  But a collective unit can.

I said a couple weeks back that San Fran was a team I didn't want to see until we had some more experience. That being said, last night was special. Can we beat them? No idea, but I am not afraid of them. I want to see this team do everything they can to continue to improve and gain experience. I am actually now excited about this match up. Go Pack Go! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I like Gary, but he isn't going to take over a game like that too often.  He is wildly up and down concerning sacks.  Now he's getting chipped and doubled some.

Let Gary just be Gary.  Preston is the one that can eat 1:1 when they devote extra stuff to Gary.  Wyatt, Brooks too.

An individual is not going to wreck that San Fran offense.  But a collective unit can.

If your gameplan is for Preston Smith the beat Trent Williams one on one, you're fired as our DC. If he plays Williams to a draw, big win for the Packers. 

Like all quarterbacks, Purday struggles when the pressure comes from the middle. Clark, Wyatt and Brooks need to win against the 49ers weakness. They are not going to double Gary every play, he needs to whip the **** out of Colton McKivirz repeatedly. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I said a couple weeks back that San Fran was a team I didn't want to see until we had some more experience. That being said, last night was special. Can we beat them? No idea, but I am not afraid of them. I want to see this team do everything they can to continue to improve and gain experience. I am actually now excited about this match up. Go Pack Go! 

Yeah, let’s just go and empty the tank. SF has been LaFluer’s white whale and to be honest a big reason Pettine was let go and Barry brought in was to go against this type of offense. If their line is intact, starting with a healthy Trent and then adding CMac, Deebo, Kittle and Aiyuk it is a nightmare to defend. Purdy has shown to be more than a game manager but it’s not hard to see how he could have success playing a hand like that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If your gameplan is for Preston Smith the beat Trent Williams one on one, you're fired as our DC. If he plays Williams to a draw, big win for the Packers. 

Like all quarterbacks, Purday struggles when the pressure comes from the middle. Clark, Wyatt and Brooks need to win against the 49ers weakness. They are not going to double Gary every play, he needs to whip the **** out of Colton McKivirz repeatedly. 

"Wyatt and Brooks too".

Reading comprehension is a skill.

And...it's Purdy.

As in....

Pin by Kristina Zavala on memes | Baseball cards, Memes, Boys

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

I wonder if dillon has a shot to return for this one

I hope not!!! I like that MLF is forced to give Jones over 20 carries a game and give him a little rest with no name RBs. If Dillion is in Jones will lose snaps and while Dillon will run hard he won't break away like Jones does and keep the defence scared. 

• Like 1