Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

19 minutes ago, Eternal said:

I'm shocked how well our offensive line is holding up. Walker seems to have really turned it around. I think playing together for awhile now has helped tremendously.

I think a healthy Aaron Jones plays a big part in that.  You are correct, playing together also helps.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What happened to Enagbare?

On the broadcast they said he limped into the locker room.  Coach said it looked like a season ended in the postgame. He’s an important piece for us in that rotation and I hope he can recover quickly. 

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

On the broadcast they said he limped into the locker room.  Coach said it looked like a season ended in the postgame. He’s an important piece for us in that rotation and I hope he can recover quickly. 

If that is the case, we will have no choice but to release the Big B. Cox in San Fran.

Rumor has it, BBC has been bursting at the seams to get out there and explode all over the field and get some huge sacks for the team.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Isherwood said:

You gotta send an extra rusher on every play 

Brock is one of the best QBs in the league against the blitz. He is better at avoiding pressure than people realize. Teams that have blitzed him heavily have paid dearly for it. 

6 hours ago, Isherwood said:

When Barry sent the house on that 4th down and Dak threw it up to nobody, I almost schit my pants. I didn’t know Barry had that in his bag. I want an extra rusher all day. Purdy will throw INTs, and possibly quiet quit/fake an injury. 

Oh ok nevermind then. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The 49ers are just the Lions with some even shinier toys but a worse OL. Have to pressure Purdy or you're done.

Worse OL for sure but please elaborate on what you mean by "just the lions with shiner toys". Deebo aiyuk kittle CMC is the best set of weapons in the league. Three 1k yard players and one 2k yard player. It had not been done since Peyton and the colts. 

Purdy is better than Goff lol 

Seems like you are basing a lot of your opinion on the ravens game. Purdy typically handles pressure very well. It is actually one of the best parts of his game. The ravens game was the exception to that rule. We lost like 4 OL in that game against the best front 7 in football and it snowballed on us. Packers front 7 is nothing like the ravens. 

If your plan is to be blitz heavy, good luck. 

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Defensively, that secondary is just OK, nothing scary, they just have 37 pass rushers helping them not have to cover for long. HUGE test for Tom and Walker. We're going to need Kraft to help there. 

The niners have two good to great corners. Safety is where we are a bit thin right now without hufanga. Demodore Lenoir has been terrific for us and he goes into the slot in the nickel. Ambry Thomas plays the boundary in the nickel and he is very streaky. Charvarious Ward probably should have been 1st team all pro.

Overall it is a good secondary but you can catch them in certain looks. We've gotten killed on the slot fade in man coverage a few times this year. 

The pass rush hasn't been that great this year. It has been a lot better in the 2nd half though. 

Niners get arik armstead back, which is huge. The run d has been bad without him. You can run up the middle on us because our DTs arent space eaters. We lack a good run stuffing NT with a good anchor. 

I would bet lefleur takes the ball first again. The niners have scored on their first possession of the game in every single game they won this year. 

BOL to you guys and girls. Another Saturday night playoff game! 

• Like 3

@N4L

Would it be fair to say he doesnt do well with blindside pressure. With Trent vs No Trent seem to be 2 completely different beasts

Which part of the Ravens DL do you think is heads and shoulders better than the Packers? Is it Madabuike vs Kenny? Van Noy vs Preston? Clowney vs Gary? Oweh vs Van Ness? Is it a better coached D? I wouldnt argue that, Packers talent matches up fine though. I think youre healthily underrating this years Packers DL. I think theres a solid chance 4 brings heat this week. Seems like youre basing a lot of your opinion on years past. I would for sure not argue that our coverages arent matched up to our rush plan a good chunk of the season.

I will highly doubt Barrys plan is to blitz heavy. stunts sure, IDK about blitzing.. maybe Quay here and there.

I fully expect an uphill battle. But there's no reason to believe we arent better than the 2021 team at this moment .

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Isherwood said:

When Barry sent the house on that 4th down and Dak threw it up to nobody, I almost schit my pants. I didn’t know Barry had that in his bag. I want an extra rusher all day. Purdy will throw INTs, and possibly quiet quit/fake an injury. 

I get that we are hyped to still be playing, but why even post this?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Isherwood said:

You gotta send an extra rusher on every play 

I think this is probably the worst thing we could do.  I watch SF every week with my buddy who's a SF fan, and Purdy would feast on that.