Packers @ 49ers Battle at the Pant Plant

ChaRisMa

Just now, mikebpackfan said:

Bad blitz there.  Didn’t get any pressure. 

Yep. Once it got stonewalled, you knew somebody was streaking free down field. Don't really hate the call though. Defense is at a huge disadvantage vs this team so gotta be aggressive and hope they can create a mistake or get a timely 3rd down sack. Rather they take that risk than sit back in zone and let them pick them apart with zero resistance

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

And this is why it's hard to take you seriously.

Thus far we have had only one QB able to beat the 49ers in the playoffs. I tried advocating bringing him back after the last playoff loss to them but that didn't go well. We need a QB capable of beating the 49ers in the playoffs even if those are his only opportunities to play for the Packers.

Of course our chances could improve if someone dares to knock Purdy out of the game. Even if doing so draws a penalty. It would be worth it either way.

Edited by pf9

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Yep. Once it got stonewalled, you knew somebody was streaking free down field. Don't really hate the call though. Defense is at a huge disadvantage vs this team so gotta be aggressive and hope they can create a mistake or get a timely 3rd down sack. Rather they take that risk than sit back in zone and let them pick them apart with zero resistance

I agree, with the caveat that the rain slows the rush a bit so don’t get drunk off of the blitz but we need to bring heat. 

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Thus far we have had only one QB able to beat the 49ers in the playoffs. I tried advocating bringing him back after the last playoff loss to them but that didn't go well. We need a QB capable of beating the 49ers in the playoffs even if those are his only opportunities to play for the Packers.

Brett Favre? He is like 60.