Conference Championships

Leader

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

First off - yes.

But even if I hadn’t, that does not invalidate the point that you should never be results oriented. We have seen plenty of examples where momentum failed to develop after a bad decision or momentum swinging play. 

Some teams are more susceptible to this kind of tilt than others. But there are plenty of others who just don’t give a **** when these plays happen.

The process means going up 3 points gives you much better odds of winning. It's not like he was inside the 10 and a 1st down PROBABLY meant 7 points. After his debacle in Dallas, you'd think he might have learned something. 

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

@Striker the prosecution rests! 

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

Brock Purdy has ruined other people named Brock - real and fictional - for me and that includes the Pokemon character named Brock in the West.

Maybe I was overreacting when I said that.

Just now, incognito_man said:

lol, yeah that's a classic comeback that makes me chuckle too

It’s my least favorite argument on this site and anyone who uses it I instantly disagree with them even if I agreed with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Momentum is a REAL thing in team sports. When you have your foot on an opponent's throat, you don't let up and you don't give them any reason to have hope. Taking the 3 points keeps the momentum in your corner. Them getting a stop, immediately gives them hope and the MONEMTUM! When it switches, you may never get it back. Why give them hope? 

It played out in real life, in the second biggest stage in football. People trying to defend that decision don't understand you don't play the game on a computer. It's real life with real people. 

Agree. Dan Campbell lost it for lions.

Take 3 points, make it 3 score game, put momentum in your back pocket, dont give better field position to 49ers, give your D a additional minute rest. 

Too bad of a decision there. 

Fullback, varsity high school, Fox River Valley Conference, 1.3 ypc…

(I was getting the impression we have to start giving our football résumés before offering opinions.)

Momentum is real, discipline and leadership can overcome it. Time outs in basketball have only a little to do with strategy. Timeouts break the rhythm of the hot team. (Dang! I don’t have much on my basketball résumé.)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I'm very upset now. I wanted us to break the Kirk Cousins Curse, and we ended up losing to the team that did do it.

If the 49ers win the Super Bowl, MLF should be fired for losing to the eventual champs in the playoffs, twice. We made a mistake keeping McCarthy after he lost twice to Giants teams that eventually won it all.

Well, I do agree that losses to this team are definitely going to pile up in blame on him now that Rodgers is gone, and going forward we gotta start changing the script.

But he's not going to get fired right now and nor should he - yes even I say for now we gotta stick the course.  We went further than we were supposed to with the youngest team ever, and it's only the beginning for Jordan Love.  For now things are looking up here.

Now I do say LaFleur should be held to account if he doesn't move on from Joe Barry and Rich Bisaccia, and if we meet up against SF again in the playoffs next year, he has no excuse to lose to them.  But for now we gotta continue to let our new team's journey play out.

28 minutes ago, MacReady said:

FYI to those saying Purdy is trash… He just had two clutch comeback wins against two really good teams.

Don’t really care how good his support is, that’s not easy to do in the playoffs.

If Love has earned that top QB money, so has Purdy.

Purdy has earned way more than Love. He should be paid waaay more.  Immediately. Big cap hits.

• Like 1