Conference Championships

Leader

Just now, Old Guy said:

Going up 3 score with half the 3rd quarter gone is not a conservative play, it's the correct play. Taking stupid risks which produces massive change in momentum is just plain stupid. 

Do you truly think the 49ers would be any less capable of going on a 27 point run if they attempt/make a FG vs failing on 4th and short?

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

FYI to those saying Purdy is trash… He just had two clutch comeback wins against two really good teams.

Don’t really care how good his support is, that’s not easy to do in the playoffs.

If Love has earned that top QB money, so has Purdy.

i've never doubted purdy once this year

he's legit

it's obvious to me

5 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Bigger choke today....Lamar at home or Campbell/Goff in this second half?

Lamar and the Ravens as a whole and it's not even close!

I mean yeah Detroit got too overconfident up 17 and certainly Campbell deciding to be overaggressive on those 4th downs are certainly going to be highlight featured, and Aaron Glenn and that DB who whiffed on the should be pick made Joe Barry and Darnell Savage look like allstars by comparison.

But the Lions weren't exactly favored to win this, and even if they do lose today this was their best season in ages.  Ravens on the other hand were at home and imo have no excuse for the **** show they put on.

I'll say this too, at least this game will have been entertaining, just not an exciting SB since we just saw it 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

i've never doubted purdy once this year

he's legit

it's obvious to me

Those that do probably have collegiate reasons or they just hate that a team as loaded as the Niners managed to get one in the 7th round.

They act like the NFL isn’t loaded with these kinds of things.

• Like 1

Just now, Striker said:

Do you truly think the 49ers would be any less capable of going on a 27 point run if they attempt/make a FG vs failing on 4th and short?

Serious question, have you ever played team sports at least a high school varsity level? Momentum is real and when you get on the wrong side of it, turning it around it sometimes impossible. Your brain starts questioning things that are usually routine and you are out of sorts. It happens over and over and over. Usually after the team with momentum making a big, boneheaded mistake. 

To answer your question, yes, had the Lions gone up 17, the 49ers crowd would not have been in the game as much that soon and it would have been near impossible for the Lions to come back.