49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

Oh I'm definitely an idiot.  My closest friends remind me of it everyday.   I'm okay not pretending otherwise and accept it as my lot in life. 

Only difference between us is I accept and acknowledge it

You also can’t defend your stance with any kind of reason and logic and instead decide your opinion is right without the ability to defend it while neglecting relevant points you have no retort on and instead cast insults in order to bolster your opinion as if the greater the insult solidifies your opinion when all that does is prove you aren’t actually capable of having a conversation.

Just now, pf9 said:

I think I know who should be our next DC. Steve Spagnuolo. He currently serves in that capacity for the Chiefs, the defending champions.

Why would he even consider leaving Kansas City?

47 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I’m treating it like my life just ended 

I played ace attorney with my daughter after the loss and remembered that ny feeling cant be controlled by people playing a football game

Its gonna be okay and it really doesnt matter

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

Oh...I see.

So playing like **** against the **** teams of the league - and jeopardizing our division and playoff standing.....

Well....thats somehow okay....so long as you look tougher in a few other games.

Got it. Cant wait to see a repeat of it next year....cause you and I both know that with Barry it will not change.

I can see you want to be emotional about it and that’s fine under the circumstances. My statement was that he’s not as bad as some who take it to extremes would want you to believe. I see you hate him, that’s fine but we made the playoffs in a cap strapped year with the youngest team in the League and made some serious noise once we got there. No need to litigate it, but we achieved more than most expected. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

What does Joe Barry do well? At his absolute BEST he plays conservative defenses and lets his players try and control the game. Defenses that we've invested more draft capital than 90% of the league if not 100, in order to get bottom 8 DVOA/EPA performance from. Name ONE single player that grew to elite levels under Barry? Saw what you want about Dom, Clay, Raji and Woodson became elite in his scheme. If anything he's taken our best player from 2020 (Alexander) and made him just an above average corner. He cannot design anything on his own (we saw that tonight, ******* horrendous schemed blitzes), he's leached his entire playbook from the other talented coordinators he's worked for and ONLY has a job because he's a friend of LaFleur's (no one would've hired him with his resume and no one will ever hire him once he's gone).

It got to the breaking point for McCarthy where it was "if you bring Dom back next year and he flops and hurts the time, you're gone with him, that time for LaFleur is right now, if he brings Barry back and next year we struggle on defense, Gute needs to step in and fire both.

I think MLF has shown to be a hell of a football coach. I think Gute has to step in now and tell him Barry is gone. That way we don't get to a point of showing MLF the door. 

There were so many plays left on the field right there for guys to make and they didn't. Nixon and Savage have easy picks. Carlson missing a kick. Could go on and on. Love miss reading what his receivers were doing with Kraft and Jones over the middle. 

Our future is bright, especially in the NFC. 

McCarthy is back in Dallas. Purdy is just above a JAG but they will have tough decisions to make going forward. Philly is a ****show and will not be the same team or close next year. Probably have 4 guys retire that is going to put him in cap hell. 

We should be the NFC favorites next year going into the season. Guys need to take the next step and when they do that, our offense is going to be damned near unstoppable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Why do you keep saying the defense played the game well enough to win when we didn’t in fact win?

That is a contradictory statement.

Well enough to win was allowing 20 points.

They allowed 24.

We're lucky it wasn't 27-31. Shanahan inexplicably called that last drive of the first half like the 49ers just needed a FG to win the game.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Find someone with top instincts .. Quay lacks that for sure.

Anyone who thinks he's just going to magically get better need to think twice. Linebacker is one of those positions where you either got it or you don't. There's a reason most ILB that are great are good immediately and not 5 years into their career. It's all about instincts and he doesn't have it.

Just now, Malfatron said:

I played ace attorney with my daughter after the loss and remembered that ny feeling cant be controlled by people playing a football game

Its gonna be okay and it really doesnt matter

I spent the entire day telling myself that GB could be up by 32 like last week and I would not think we would be winning the game. The reality of what happened is so much better than what I thought it would be. As Vic Ketchman once said: minimize the importance of football in your life. Sounds like you’ve got healthy mentals. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Get rid of Barry.

I dont want to see this defense anymore.

I dont know who that guy is.....I just know I'm DONE with this defense.

Make the change MLF.

Get. It. Done.

I'm one of the biggest Barry critics on this board, but I can’t put it on him tonight. We need guys who can get guys on the ground first contact. Too many broken tackles tonight. We need to make an conservative effort to bring in guys via free agency and the draft who are solid tacklers.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I think I know who should be our next DC. Steve Spagnuolo. He currently serves in that capacity for the Chiefs, the defending champions.

He'd be an humongous improvement over what we currently have.  Joe Barry is a lower end NFL DC.  If you are satisfied with somewhere between mediocre and subpar then he's your guy.  Time for the Packers to up their game, and throw some huge money at the best money can buy.

• Like 1

I'm proud of these ******* kids. We were a missed FG from OT (at worst) with the 1 seed. We're going to be a god damn problem for years to come. Not a god damn soul can tell me we weren't the best team on the field today.

• Like 5