49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

Just now, beekay414 said:

Settle for someone who had to "save" their job because they managed to do the bare minimum to do just that or go ******* upgrade it?

Hmm lemme ******* think

You people baffle me

What baffles me is that some can't seem to recognize that saying the defense wasn't terrible tonight is not the equivalent of saying Barry should be kept.

2 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

That's just irrational hatred for Barry showing.    I don't think I can be any more clear in my posts- I'm cool with Barry moving on.  Blaming him for players dropping balls hitting them in the hands?  Irrational and not worth arguing anymore.

Where did i blame Barry for the dropped INT?

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

What baffles me is that some can't seem to recognize that saying the defense wasn't terrible tonight is not the equivalent of saying Barry should be kept.

Then the argument is pointless or circular because nobody is arguing the defense was bad tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Kicking the FG was not a guaranteed success.  You dont " take" the points, you try to score them.  

Just because it’s not guaranteed doesn’t mean it’s not a very high chance of success. Even a kicker like Carlson in a slump is likely 80+% at that range

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Then the argument is pointless or circular because nobody is arguing the defense was bad tonight.

I don’t think “nobody” is accurate. 

I do hope the brain trust sits down and takes the years of holding on to mediocre coordinators into account, but more importantly, does have a quality short list of guys to interview. 

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

Safties are becoming hot commodity.

Very few studs are coming out of college. 

Called it. lol.

As soon as the market is bad for any position group, that’s the time to get that position.

The NFL is cyclical.

Right now WR and QB are overvalued.

Safety was undervalued for so long and now they’re a commodity.

RB is seriously undervslued right now. The Lions, Chiefs, Niners, Bills all have good ones.

Not a coincidence.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Also, the bigger issue was the missed block in the back on Owens on the run.

That being said, don't make so many mistakes and leave it up to ref variance. Holding on to one of those interceptions, making a field goal, completing a third down pass, not yolo balling it. All things you can control.

They also missed a facemask on Jones but the next play SF got flagged for DPI on Bo.

• Like 2