49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Just like Jimmy G 2 years back. Both combined throw atleast 6-7 picks our way. Didn’t came up with even 1.

Ridiculous. 

Still can't believe they couldn't luck into at least one. 

Oh well. Hell of a season still but I'll still always wonder about this one too.

Just now, Norm said:

Still can't believe they couldn't luck into at least one. 

Oh well. Hell of a season still but I'll still always wonder about this one too.

This is why we need Baltimore to curb stomp everyone and win it all. So we don't have to wonder.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Refugee said:

I can see you want to be emotional about it and that’s fine under the circumstances. My statement was that he’s not as bad as some who take it to extremes would want you to believe. I see you hate him, that’s fine but we made the playoffs in a cap strapped year with the youngest team in the League and made some serious noise once we got there. No need to litigate it, but we achieved more than most expected. 

Yes they did .. it was great.  However, average doesn't make it and Barry for the year overall was barely average.  If you are happy with average, cool.  Packers shouldn't be and if the defense would have played to their players draft #1 picks potential, they should have won the division.  They didn't and Barry should be gone.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The difference in the game unfortunately. Just bad timing to have your bad moment. 

Didn't help that the last 4 drives were the ones without Tom.

That fourth quarter is going to eat at him for a while.  Good motivation for this offseason.

10 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The last time San Francisco lost a divisional game Two and a Half Men had yet to premiere.

Lol. 

I would give a months pay to just swim around in your brain for an hour

• Like 3

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Our PLAYERS dropped at least two gimme INTs. Our QB threw two their players caught. That -4 net turnover result is not Joe Barry's fault.

True enough.  However, letting them convert 60% of 3rd downs was .. letting them march down the field to win it was .. playing soft for 2/3 of the year losing way more games than he won was.  Each year Barry "seems" to figure it out on defense to save his job.  Dammit, figure it out at the start of the year!  He has proven nothing but he's a late learner .. just enough to save his butt.  

Not suggesting in anyway, shape, or form that LaFleur deserves to be, or should be fired.

Just want to make that clear from the start.

But...as we start thinking about the new window...what sort of timeline does he have to get this team over the top?

We've seen his teams have their seasons end losing winnable games to beatable teams the last four seasons.

I know we all feel like this was a house-money situation and a rebuilding year and all that but...at some point it doesn't really matter what seed you are or how old or young your roster is.

Ya gotta...win winnable games against beatable teams.

At what point do the expectations change?

Losing these winnable games against beatable teams is becoming a trend, as is seeing them lose in predictable ways. It's kind of crazy to know that all us chumps sitting on the couch can see the train coming down the track (special teams errors, defensive failures) and the coach...doesn't?

Overall I lean heavy on the pro-LaFleur side, but hard to watch seasons end like this every year and feel like he's gonna be the guy to bring another trophy to GB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

It’s so frustrating. When GB is a front-runner, I am certain they’re going to eff it up. When GB is an underdog, I’m hopeful they can win but never expect them to. 

I’ll never know what it’s like to be a fan that is confident in their team beating their opponent, crow about it online, and actually be right about it. Niners fans in my social sphere were insufferable all week and they ended up barely getting away with it. 

You realize this is a "you" thing, yes?  Next season, you can talk all the trash you want if that's your thing.  The majority of those weeks, you'll be right.

Barry did fine, nothing more and nothing less. Giving a 6 or 7/10 performance against a team missing an elite weapon for most the game is not enough to justify bringing back a guy who has been below average for 3 years. There should be no debate on this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nickel said:

Not suggesting in anyway, shape, or form that LaFleur deserves to be, or should be fired.

Just want to make that clear from the start.

But...as we start thinking about the new window...what sort of timeline does he have to get this team over the top?

We've seen his teams have their seasons end losing winnable games to beatable teams the last four seasons.

I know we all feel like this was a house-money situation and a rebuilding year and all that but...at some point it doesn't really matter what seed you are or how old or young your roster is.

Ya gotta...win winnable games against beatable teams.

At what point do the expectations change?

Losing these winnable games against beatable teams is becoming a trend, as is seeing them lose in predictable ways. It's kind of crazy to know that all us chumps sitting on the couch can see the train coming down the track (special teams errors, defensive failures) and the coach...doesn't?

Overall I lean heavy on the pro-LaFleur side, but hard to watch seasons end like this every year and feel like he's gonna be the guy to bring another trophy to GB.

It feels like Shanny is living rent free in MLF’s head or something.  I’m sure it pi$$es him off as much as it does me, lol.

Coaches in the NFL typically retain their jobs if they make the playoffs.  Not always, but typically.  Look at McCarthy, Tomlin, etc.  Frustrating for fan bases, but owners and GM’s are just happy enough if revenue continues streaming in for being consistently above average.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It feels like Shanny is living rent free in MLF’s head or something.  I’m sure it pi$$es him off as much as it does me, lol.

Coaches in the NFL typically retain their jobs if they make the playoffs.  Not always, but typically.  Look at McCarthy, Tomlin, etc.  Frustrating for fan bases, but owners and GM’s are just happy enough if revenue continues streaming in for being consistently above average.

Idk this game didnt feel like we got little brothered. Bad shakes at bad times. Even the Rodgers 9er loss felt more like a Rodgers thing than MLF struggling like Coach Klein against Beaulieu.

I think MLF can coach with the top tier. Just has to figure out how to keep the defense from being a liability for half the season.

Id say if things continued the way they have he's safe til we have to reassess the contract.

Edited by HighCalebR