2023 NFC Championship: 3) Detroit Lions @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

notthatbluestuff

Who wins the NFC?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFC?

• Detroit Lions
    • San Francisco 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 11:40 PM

1 minute ago, cp0k2 said:

It isn't over. Detroit's D can and has given up points in bunches in the second half.

It's over. The 49ers can't stop the run to save their lives. And they aren't running the ball very well on the ground with the league's #1 play designer. Even if they magically won this game, they aren't getting past the Chiefs with that kind of defense. They need to find a way in the offseason to get more stout upfront on the ground. 

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

Are those audible Jared Goff chants eminating from the stands?

Even earlier in the game, it felt like there was a weird amount of Lions cheering happening.  idgi.

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It's over. The 49ers can't stop the run to save their lives. And they aren't running the ball very well on the ground with the league's #1 play designer. Even if they magically won this game, they aren't getting past the Chiefs with that kind of defense. They need to find a way in the offseason to get more stout upfront on the ground. 

I don't think he has that title anymore. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’ve been saying Ben Johnson is the #1 HC candidate this cycle by a landslide, including over Harbaugh, by a sizable margin. Johnson is the next offensive great like McVay, Shanny, etc. 

I love Ben, but until someone cracks that HC egg, you have no idea how it turns out. 

He's definitely a fantastic schemer, and an heck of a playcaller. But being a HC is so much more than that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Are those audible Jared Goff chants eminating from the stands?

Goff was born and raised in the SF area. Grew up a huge Montana fan, which is why he wears #16. This has to feel like a dream to him. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 3

Just now, kramxel said:

I love Ben, but until someone cracks that HC egg, you have no idea how it turns out. 

He's definitely a fantastic schemer, and an heck of a playcaller. But being a HC is so much more than that. 

It’s more predictable than you think. He’s not some personality-less coordinator. Those always fail. He has tons of personality and leadership. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Momentum is a curious thing, you get 3 TDs up and you kill the 49ers, but they stop you and doubt creeps in, for a long 2nd half. 

I would go for it, but respect the decision. 

You don’t risk keeping it a 2 score game when they get the ball to start the second half. In any other scenario, I’d say go for it and DC surely does go for it, but here, I get taking the points.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

I don't think he has that title anymore. 

Maybe not, but that's the least of his issues as head coach. He's ultimately responsible for how pathetic his defense is playing at home in the NFC title game.