Panthers to hire Dave Canales as HC

RaidersAreOne

Top 2 best looking HC right now in the nfl. Everyone wants their McVay. Honestly I’m hoping this works. I wouldn’t want this to blow up on the panthers. But it does seem a bit premature.. They need that qb to ball out. If it doesn’t the panthers are screwed. 

Edited by El Ramster

I like Canales a lot.... Think I prefer Slowik, but it is a similar hire in terms of getting the young offensive mind to pair with your QB to grow together. Will have to see how he handles an expanded role, but his offense in Tampa this season was really impressive.

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If I were a Bucs fan, I'd be livid lol. Can't even enjoy your nice diamond-in-the-rough OC hire for more than a single season before someone poaching him away... and by a division rival, no less!

And they don’t even get the two 3rds for a minority hire, since he was only there a year.

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Belichick to Falcons. Johnson to Commanders. Quinn/Vrabel to Seahawks please.

And you all keep your dirty hands off the Ravens coordinators! 😄

You better hope it's Ben. Macdonald is my #2 pick!

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

more like a "we mortgaged EVERYTHING on Bryce Young and we NEED someone to get the most out of him" hire

Considering how bad of shape the franchise is in, it's playing with house money while they figure out how big the rebuild needs to be. Makes sense.

Every coaching hire is a crapshoot, feel like the "young unknown offensive playcaller" works out more than any other of the other categories. McCarthy and LaFleur were universally seen as bad choices for our last two hiring cycles and have obviously worked out well. Carolina was obviously never an option for the top candidates, this could be good for them, if their clown owner lets it play out.

1 hour ago, MagicMT said:

Exactly, he did a really good job with Geno Smith in '22 and Baker last year, at least he should be able to help Bryce Young progress better than Reich did. 
Hopefully for the Panthers they manage to keep Evero 

He also kept Russ cooking alive as long as he did before the trade. Given his relationship with their new GM and the Tepper drama, Canales as a QB whisperer makes sense.