Around The League

Jerry

12 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Jacobs taking to Twitter and being sassy. Shocked I tell you, shocked!

"Ya'll didn't even want me there". 

Well, hard to miss what was hardly ever around. I'm glad he's gone. I imagine contract negotiations with him are a nightmare. 

Hopen Green Bay enjoys him for the ~9 games he actually plays. 

• Like 1

Chargers signed Bud Dupree. They have a nice 4 man edge rotation 

Mack, Bosa, Tuli, Bud....

Raiders 4 man Edge depth 

Maxx, Koonce, Wilson, Robinson-----  Wilson might see more time at DT in passing situations. 

I wouldn't be mad if we cut Robinson and found another solid edge: 

Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Jerry Hughes, Markus Golden, Emmanuel Ogbah

we have plenty of money

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Chargers signed Bud Dupree. They have a nice 4 man edge rotation 

Mack, Bosa, Tuli, Bud....

Raiders 4 man Edge depth 

Maxx, Koonce, Wilson, Robinson-----  Wilson might see more time at DT in passing situations. 

I wouldn't be mad if we cut Robinson and found another solid edge: 

Calais Campbell, Yannick Ngakoue, Jerry Hughes, Markus Golden, Emmanuel Ogbah

we have plenty of money

Mack and Bosa are both on the downward slope of their careers albeit with still something to offer. Not really impressed with Dupree so I’m not particularly worried about their edge rotation.

I do feel like we could do with another guy unless Wilson takes a big step, but even then, he’s not really a bendy edge guy, we have a couple UDFA players who may flash a bit as edge guys in pre season, who knows what they can bring.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Mack and Bosa are both on the downward slope of their careers albeit with still something to offer. Not really impressed with Dupree so I’m not particularly worried about their edge rotation.

I do feel like we could do with another guy unless Wilson takes a big step, but even then, he’s not really a bendy edge guy, we have a couple UDFA players who may flash a bit as edge guys in pre season, who knows what they can bring.

on June 1 with the Jimmy money I would be mad if we sign another CB, Edge

then a couple other vets for depth/increase the competition: IOL, DT, LB- those depth vets would be no locks, more competition for the youth

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

camp fodders who could be cut: DJ Turner, Cole Fotheringham, Kana'i Mauga, TJ Franklin, Tomari Fox 

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

camp fodders who could be cut: DJ Turner, Cole Fotheringham, Kana'i Mauga, TJ Franklin, Tomari Fox 

Turner is very good as a gunner on STs, he likely stays. 

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nobody else can be a gunner? I guess he is the 6th WR right now…. Someone has to step up to kick him off the roster 

Bottom of the roster guys have to play ST but you keep listing players with high Madden ratings. 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2024 at 4:10 AM, Darbsk said:

Wilson has been working out with Maxx daily so I’m hoping we see a big step forward

• Like 3

On 5/13/2024 at 4:52 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Goff getting $170M guaranteed lmao.

To be fair, it will 100% be considered a steal in 2-3 years anyway. 

The contracts being handed out have simply hit total Twilight Zone status top to bottom and coast to coast. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 6:36 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

I bet Lattimore could be had for nothing too crazy. I'd be all over him, and Jaire especially if those earlier rumors of him maybe being on the move were true.

Either one of those two for a 3rd rounder or below would be a no brainer.  Both are 27 and still in their prime and when healthy are #1 CB's.  

Adding them to our D would solidify two of the glaring weaknesses we have had for years.  We added Wilkins a 3T who can push the pocket and then landing a #1 CB...  On paper this D would be top 15.