Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

3 minutes ago, R T said:

And if it had been Staley on that staff, you think people's opinion would be the same?

I'm actually not quite sure what you're asking. 

But it concerned me to see how bad their defense was, but Ray mentioned some pass vs run splits and was reading how Parker kinda melded the two schemes together and they improved after that. 

So that was helpful context behind the DVOA rating 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A guy going to the doctor leaked the Sammy Watkins signing on Reddit because there was a chart with his name on it there.

This is the social media age. Probably some young intern who overheard something while getting Matt a coffee ha. Those are the types excited to be the source of big news like this.

Good point 

The Broncos had a truly embarrassing start to the year on defense, the run defense stuck around all year, but after Howell, Tua, Fields shredded them 3 straight weeks, they allowed 16 TDs and 9 picks over the final 13 games. That's a 20/11 pace for the whole year. They went 13/2 over the first 4 games for reference.

Now how much Parker had to do with that none of us have a clue, so I'm not going to act like that's the reasons. I always find it extremely impressive when a unit goes from one of the worst in the league to very good, like our offense. That's facing adversity, figuring your **** out and putting it behind you. 

• Like 5

There are a lot of smart, thoughtful guys with good leadership skills who love football, and love thinking about and analyzing football.  Lots of great choices for MLF to choose from.  Gute and MLF are also intelligent, thoughtful, logical guys.  Whomever MLF selects, that guy will have a lot of positive qualities.  I'm optimistic for whomever they choose. 

It will be fun to try to understand the thought process behind whomever gets hired.  If they select Parker, who is so young, that would be relatively unexpected.  I'd think his communication skills, personality, and analysis would be pretty outstanding to be the selection.  

44 minutes ago, R T said:

Group think thought drafting Rodgers was a bad idea also. 

The dynamic with Brent aside, group think clearly didn’t watch any Cal football games. I knew Rodgers was going to be a superstar after watching him carve up USC in their prime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, craig said:

There are a lot of smart, thoughtful guys with good leadership skills who love football, and love thinking about and analyzing football.  Lots of great choices for MLF to choose from.  Gute and MLF are also intelligent, thoughtful, logical guys.  Whomever MLF selects, that guy will have a lot of positive qualities.  I'm optimistic for whomever they choose. 

It will be fun to try to understand the thought process behind whomever gets hired.  If they select Parker, who is so young, that would be relatively unexpected.  I'd think his communication skills, personality, and analysis would be pretty outstanding to be the selection.  

I imagine Coach Parker opened his briefcase and then he Tony Starked the holographic universe that popped up, swiping and zooming swiftly through definitive responses he had designed to challenge infinite permutations of every offensive formation.

Murph eased a phone to his ear and quietly asked the secretary to bring him a lawyer, a contract and a bag of money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

Group think got that one right, but group think is wrong a good percentage of the time also. Group think thought drafting Rodgers was a bad idea also. 

When it comes to QBs, just listen to me and you'll be okay. 

• Like 1

*IF* Parker has already been offered the job, that is a really speedy hiring process.  Barry dismissal was only made public 3 days ago, and within only 3 days the new guy is ID'd, interviewed, and offered?  Blazing fast.  If so, he must have really impressed during his interview(s). 

Less than a week from losing a thriller; processing that loss and conducting all of the exit interviews; dismissing Barry; conducting DC interviews; and making the new hiring decision.  Kind of stunning speed, really, if it's actually true.  

If it's actually true, MLF and Gute must have put some thought into this before this week.  

And *IF* this is actually true, Parker must have been very impressive during his one year working for the Packers as a defensive quality control assistant.  I would assume even in a role like that, a lot of qualities would show, though.  Does a guy treat people with respect?  Does he work hard?  Organized?  Honest?  Can he exchange ideas effectively?  Does he have the courage to gracefully provide input if it's sometimes not in full agreement with his boss? 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

The dynamic with Brent aside, group think clearly didn’t watch any Cal football games. I knew Rodgers was going to be a superstar after watching him carve up USC in their prime. 

I was watching Rodgers slide down the board, hopefully, while holding my breath, thinking if he slides to us we have to take him, and he did! And we did! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craig said:

*IF* Parker has already been offered the job, that is a really speedy hiring process.  Barry dismissal was only made public 3 days ago, and within only 3 days the new guy is ID'd, interviewed, and offered?  Blazing fast.  If so, he must have really impressed during his interview(s). 

Less than a week from losing a thriller; processing that loss and conducting all of the exit interviews; dismissing Barry; conducting DC interviews; and making the new hiring decision.  Kind of stunning speed, really, if it's actually true.  

If it's actually true, MLF and Gute must have put some thought into this before this week.  

And *IF* this is actually true, Parker must have been very impressive during his one year working for the Packers as a defensive quality control assistant.  I would assume even in a role like that, a lot of qualities would show, though.  Does a guy treat people with respect?  Does he work hard?  Organized?  Honest?  Can he exchange ideas effectively?  Does he have the courage to gracefully provide input if it's sometimes not in full agreement with his boss? 

I think when you make a move like this you need some idea where you are going.  I dont think you fire Barry without some sort of idea on what's out there.  I think MLF has a pretty good idea of potential DCs who could fit what he wants.