Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I thought Kittle flashed today on what he could become and do in this offense. Was really good after the catch and is a nice target in the middle of the field. I don't get the same vibe with his drops as we all did with McDonald's drops early on. I think Kittle next season will show better hands as he is a more natural receiver than McDonald. It's just a SF tradition that every TE has to start their career with hand issues lol. 

I agree but I still see him as TE2 and desperately want us to take Mark Andrews in the draft. Not that I'm down on Kittle or anything but I always saw him as more of a H-Back type of guy than a starter down the road.

18 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

The Niners officially have their franchise quarterback. Congratulations. You guys could really make some waves next season.

Got some holes to fill, but arrow certainly seems to be pointing up with Jimmy G. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I turn 40 in 3 weeks and my distained for the Cowboys and to a lesser extent the Giants far outweighs the Hawks. I get no satisfaction out of they're turmoil. I will never see them as our rival, regardless of divisional ties. How many Lombardi's have the Cowboys and Giants cost us??? Our history and my football history is much more tied to those organizations and our battles than the Hawks. If its any team in our division that I might have a grudge for, its the Rams because again, there's history there.

The Seahawks cost us a Lombardi, too, and more recently.  The Seahawks manhandled that Superbowl and I'd bet my bottom dollar we would have, too.  

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

The Seahawks cost us a Lombardi, too, and more recently.  The Seahawks manhandled that Superbowl and I'd bet my bottom dollar we would have, too.  

That's maybe one. The Giants themselves have cost us 3-4. Cowboys at least 2-3. And I just loathe the Cowboys fan base with a passion. Some of the most delusional fans I've interacted with personally, but I digress...

I came in here to post about how we shouldn't let Kyle shannihan go unrecognized for this turn around (@y2lamanaki and @rudyZ already beat me to it). He's done an incredible job in so many different areas of being a head coach and you can tell he's only getting more and more comfortable as time goes on. 

Most coaches are either 'players coaches' or they are great strategists, rarely are guys elite at both. Kyle is certainly a better strategist than a motivator right now but you can tell that the longer the season goes on the more the players like and respect him. Kyle seems like the right blend of 'no-nonsense I'm here to win' while also being understanding and fair. He doesn't get the ego involved and is humble yet confident. It's really a great blend to have as a leader and it makes everyone come together as a unit. It would have been so easy to mail it in after how the season started, but we just kept battling. I haven't heard of anything negative happen in the lockeroom. I think you have to give shanny A TON of credit for that alone. 

As for today, it was a great atmosphere at the game. Really felt like the closest to a playoff game we've had since 2013 (has it really been that long since we left the stick??) just with how excited everyone was and how many people actually showed up lol first time Levi's started to feel like home (crowd management issues are exacerbated with more people but I digress).

I posted a couple weeks ago about how I really like Bourne. He's got very good lateral quickness. Id love to see how his cone times stack up against some other quality wrs. He mentioned in that interview how he likes that Kyle sends him on double moves, you can really tell he excells in that role and seems like he could be a really solid, all around wr. As much as I would love to add a true, bonafide #1 WR I feel pretty good about our WRs and our QBs ability to elevate their play. Garcon, goodwin, taylor, Bourne is a solid wr corps even if they aren't flashy. 

I do agree with @J-ALL-DAY that we shouldn't act like there aren't a lot of holes on this team still. I don't think that our front office has lost sight of that, even if some fans might have lol 

I said this when we were still winless, but given the fact that there were a lot of teams with 3+ wins back then, I thought there was a good chance that we would win a couple games late and still have a top 2 pick. Doesn't seem like we are going to get #2 but if we are in line for #4 right now if the article posted here earlier was accurate. So as good as things have gone, we have two tough games coming up and we may not drop anymore draft spots. I dont expect us to beat sacksonville unless they really look past us, they have too much talent (remind me again why we don't have Myles jack?). The rams should be a fun game but they are playing great ball right now so I think there is a strong possibility that we end up with the 4th pick.. which would be incredible - winning games, getting confidence and momentum, gaining respectability and yet still picking 4th. Its the best of both worlds. Either two teams take a QB ahead of us and we have our pick of the other guys, or one of them falls and we get a couple draft picks to move down less than 5 spots. That really seems like a win-win-win on so many levels. 

Also btw my second favorite team is whoever is playing the Seahawks. It's not just the fact they play in our division, it's their fans, it's their players, it's their coaches, it's their color scheme, I despise everything about the franchise. So today was a good day, no doubt

Man, If I'm a 49ers fan, I'm super excited about the future with Jimmy/Shanny combo. It's just getting started. He's already built tremendous chemistry with Goodwin. If you continue to surround him with talent, the offense could be special.

Speaking of talent, it's amazing the amount of talent Buffalo let walks. Gilmore, Hogan, Gillislee, Goodwin. Crazy.

Archived