Raiders DON'T hire Kliff Kingsbury as OC

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm not heartbroken about Kliff bailing. 

I am perturbed by our entire hiring process at this point though. We're looking like a bit of an amateur clown show at this point. 

It is and has been for such a long time. I’m pretty happy with the hires of Pearce and Telesco and was with Kingsbury. 

And I’m not too bothered about losing him - although was certainly intrigued. But the lack of ability to navigate the off-season timeframe is shockingly poor. 

No efficiency or urgency to the head coaching process. Left so much potential information gathering, trialling potential coaches if the future on the table. 

And now to be so poor at getting the timing right of the OC hire, holding on for the possibility of Kubiak and not securing KK to leave us in this hole is really unprofessional. 

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

He’s horrible. 

None of the remaining options are promising. That's why delaying the HC and GM hirings so long made no damn sense, and ultimately cost us a capable OC. 

Another enormously unnecessary fumble by this organization. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

None of the remaining options are promising. That's why delaying the HC and GM hirings so long made no damn sense, and ultimately cost us a capable OC. 

Another enormously unnecessary fumble by this organization. 

Kliff was the last good candidate. Getsy, Chip Kelly, Reich, Eagles OC would all be laughable candidates. 

35 minutes ago, Raidersrule said:

This could be major disaster avoided 

reminds me of Josh mc small nut Daniels when he reneged on the colts job 

don’t really care who we hire till we see what the results are

I respect this take a lot. But Luke Getsy would deflate the heck out of me. I would really need to see some results.

1 hour ago, reddevil said:

It is and has been for such a long time. I’m pretty happy with the hires of Pearce and Telesco and was with Kingsbury. 

And I’m not too bothered about losing him - although was certainly intrigued. But the lack of ability to navigate the off-season timeframe is shockingly poor. 

No efficiency or urgency to the head coaching process. Left so much potential information gathering, trialling potential coaches if the future on the table. 

And now to be so poor at getting the timing right of the OC hire, holding on for the possibility of Kubiak and not securing KK to leave us in this hole is really unprofessional. 

Is anyone really shocked by this?  I have been saying for over two decades the Raiders are and continue to be a dumpster fire organization.  No stability, haven't put together a roster in over 20 years that can consistently win football games.  This is a below average roster with no QB and very little above average talent. 

It will be interesting to hear what his reasoning for bailing is but it's pretty obvious to anyone who is looking.  This is one of the least desirable landing spots for any coach and will be the same narrative when free agency rolls around just like every other year.  The only way to change the league wide perspective regarding this franchise is to start to consistently win games and show stability with our front office.

How do we win games?  We land a good HC who leads for many years and we start to draft well.  It sounds simple enough but we have a clueless owner who has hired nothing but incompetent idiots the last 20 years who have run this franchise into the ground.... 

It will interesting to see where KK ends up.  Wherever it is it will show us that that situation was more appealing to him than what we have to offer. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Interesting grade from Walterfootball grade on Kliff Kingsbury hiring:

Raiders hire OC Kliff Kingsbury: F Grade 
I was on board with promoting Antonio Pierce to head coach, but it doesn’t appear as though his tenure is off to a good start. Pierce is a defensive-minded coach, so he was tasked with finding a sharp, offensive-minded coach who can develop Aidan O’Connell or another young quarterback. Kingsbury is not a sharp, offensive-minded coach. 

Kingsbury was a failure as a head coach in Arizona. While he did many things wrong, one of his problems was his atrocious play-calling. Kingsbury was predictable or stupid, often calling for deep shots on third-and-medium, which fell incomplete way more often than not. Kyler Murray didn’t improve under Kingsbury’s watch, and while some of that was on Murray and his poor work ethic, it was Kingsbury who couldn’t get Murray to try hard. I don’t see why he would suddenly energize the next quarterback he coaches. 

Kingsbury coached USC last year as an offensive assistant, and he didn’t show any signs of improvement in his coaching ability. Caleb Williams took a step backward in 2023 under Kingsbury, which was hardly a surprise. 

I’m not sure what Pierce is thinking with his hire, but he clearly didn’t pay attention to how poor Kingsbury has been throughout his career. This is an easy “F” grade.

Walter is the worst of the worst, tbf.

He’s like a dollar store version of Colin Cowherd. His opinions aren’t worth a single consideration.

• Like 2