If the Bengals left Cincy...

Johnny Nix

With reports about Hamilton County wanting out of/renegotiating the stadium deal I questioned myself if the Bengals left cincy, would I follow them?

Would you follow them in their new location?

if not would you follow another team or just stop watching altogether?

i couldn’t imagine having the browns as the only Ohio team to root for, so I would probably be done with the NFL or await an expansion team in Dayton

So I have actually been thinking about this a bit lately with the Columbus soccer team threatening to move, it reminded me of when the Browns went to Baltimore, that it originally was reported that the Bengals would move there.  Certainly, we never would have gotten another team like Cleveland did, and we'd be out of luck.  I think I would have either become a Browns or Colts fan back then, and honestly, can't help but think it would have been better off, at least I could have celebrated a Super bowl, as both those organizations have them.  It wouldn't be the same though, Bengals are right with Ohio State to me, and no team would ever be to that level.

stealers all the way..

:ph34r:

I am with Beck on this one.. Bengals and Bucks..

The Bengals (as sad as it is) are my favorite thing in sports and if they left I would probably just be an NFL fan and watch whatever.. 

Watch games to root against the stealers, browns, ratbirds and cowboys..

I would probably be really sad at first and then realize how much better my life is... lol

WhoDey!!!

If they moved I wouldn't follow them.  I might still like some individual players like Geno and AJ Green, but the franchise would be dead to me.  I don't know if I could pick up another team or not.  Certainly not anyone else in the AFCN.  Maybe the Colts, maybe the Packers (I played football with AJ Hawk so they've kind of been my second team since they drafted him, but nothing like my Bengals fandom).  My overall level of enthusiasm for the NFL would undoubtedly drop.  I'd probably go deeper into college football in regards to being a fan.

It's Bengals or bust for me.

If they left, I get to save a ton of money, but I'd probably lose all interest in the NFL.  I already gave up on the Reds and MLB.

Maybe watch a few college games and find something new to do on Sundays.  I won't follow them, nor will I support the Colts.

I don't think I could give up the NFL all together.  Howie Long had a great line in his hall of fame speech that has always stuck with me. 

Baseball is America’s pastime, but football is truly America’s passion. 

I love the game, and have loved it since I was 8 years old when I started playing.  I love baseball, have a lot of fun playing basketball, but football is truly my sports passion.  It's the game that largely shaped me into the man I have become today.  The hard work, the dedication, the camaraderie that is creates between team mates, I love it all.

I lived in Jax for 15 years so it would be between them and some random NFC team. I don’t really have a college team so I could just watch the nfl the same way I guess also. I obviously don’t want them to leave but I think my disdain for Brownie makes it a little softer of a blow if it happens. 

Only thing more screwed up than Brownie’s contract with the city is the NCAA.

I guess it shouldn't affect me seeing as I've never even been to Cincinnati but the team would lose a lot if it's identity. Teams moving is just so alien to me because it's a thing that never really happens in British sport. London Wasps moving to Coventry in rugby  and Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes in soccer are the only times it's ever really happened in recent memory.I probably would carry on being a fan though and just getting used to the change 

Honestly, the last 6-7 years I've been getting more and more into Hockey. I'd probably go from partial season ticket holders of the Bengals and Blue Jackets, to full season Blue Jackets tickets. I prefer hockey in person to the NFL anyways... much friendlier atmosphere.

14 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

Honestly, the last 6-7 years I've been getting more and more into Hockey. I'd probably go from partial season ticket holders of the Bengals and Blue Jackets, to full season Blue Jackets tickets. I prefer hockey in person to the NFL anyways... much friendlier atmosphere.

When I lived closer to Cincy, I had Cyclones tix for years.  Love going to hockey games.  Made several trips to Columbus and Nashville.  Also loved going to Cyclones road games a bit (Indy, Ft. Wayne, Orlando, Cleveland, etc)

11 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

I love hockey games. I think it has to do with me caring less.

Archived