Packers Prospect Visit Thread

pgwingman

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The deadline for Top 30 visits is April 19. Kind of weird that we've only heard about maybe 5-8 of them so far. I feel like we typically have a bigger list by this point in the draft cycle. 

Still got two and a half weeks. Right now its all pro days. Once that's done we will start seeing more Top 30 visits being reported.

40 minutes ago, Chili said:

Still got two and a half weeks. Right now its all pro days. Once that's done we will start seeing more Top 30 visits being reported.

Right. I'm saying we typically hear more about upcoming Top 30 visits during the Pro Day circuit. Not as much this year.  

6 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Right. I'm saying we typically hear more about upcoming Top 30 visits during the Pro Day circuit. Not as much this year.  

Do you remember who was the main source for breaking the news of those visits in past years? I would think it is common league information that someone like Rob D. could easily find out.

44 minutes ago, R T said:

Do you remember who was the main source for breaking the news of those visits in past years? I would think it is common league information that someone like Rob D. could easily find out.

Felt like it was mostly non-Packers people posting updates from Pro Days and thereafter. Looked at last years thread and looks like Silverstein gave an updated list right before the draft. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Interesting, Ross Uglem maintains he's too tall for GB to draft based on past tendencies. 

Yea I'm lukewarm on Guyton. Think he's more a project. Wouldn't be a bad pick but not one I'm getting too excited about either. 

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea I'm lukewarm on Guyton. Think he's more a project. Wouldn't be a bad pick but not one I'm getting too excited about either. 

He's gotta be an odds on favorite to be our pick.  The kid can really move.  Like a TE, in fact, I think he may have played TE for a year.  That is how good he moves.

And?  Yup.  He is a complete project.  We seem to like those high ceiling projects in the first.   

Tongue in cheek, but I'm fully prepared to take yet another first round pick knowing we will get almost zero production from them in year one.  It's just the way it goes for us.

• Like 1

Some guys who might go top-20 will end up being there at 25.  And some guys who might go 25 will still be there at 41.  Maybe even 58.  I'm thinking if we take Guyton at 25, most of us will be disappointed.  But at 41, we might like pick.  And at 58, I think we'd love it.  

Not that what we like or love on draft weekend has any bearing on whether a guy end of being successful and being a great pick or a fail.  :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Interesting, Ross Uglem maintains he's too tall for GB to draft based on past tendencies. 

Past tendencies change based on what current coaches want for their individual schemes. They currently have 2 OT's on the roster taller than Guyton. 

2 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Where were they picked?

I get that, but the fact they are inhouse tells us something about a change in possible prospects on the OL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Where were they picked?

Very fair point.  The farther away you get from the first round, the more you can deviate from your "standard".

I'll add this, though...much of that height thing is based on perceived lack of movement skills from such a large athlete.

Guyton can move...like REALLY move.  There is an amazing athlete there.  If the standard is to look at the athlete first, then look at height/weight as part of the standard, he easily passes the test.

The dude's 10 yard split is 1.76.  

When he is our pick, I'll be disappointed because it will be yet another year when we don't see our first round pick play much.  But with how we develop offensive linemen, that guy has the God given ability to be dominating.

• Like 1